Empties of the Month

Thursday 29 August 2013

(Left to Right)

PRADA 'Candy' Eau de Parfum
This is a seductively sweet fragrance created with Caramel and white musk. I completely adore this perfume, it smells utterly gorgeous but it has one major flaw and that is it's lack of durability. I don't think I'm alone in saying that this fragrance does not last throughout the day so further 'spritzing' is needed which would explain how quickly my bottle became empty. Due to this I doubt I will invest in buying this perfume for myself however if anyone was feeling generous I wouldn't refuse..(just a hint to my nearest and dearest).
ALTERNA HAIRCARE Bamboo Style Boho Waves Tousled Texture Mist
This product was included in my July GlossyBox and as you can see it's barely lasted me a month. I was quite disappointed with this hair mist however not at all surprised that it didn't work for me, with my hair being so thick and heavy it takes a lot to give my hair volume that holds and this just didn't deliver despite applying excessively. I really love the concept of 'boho' locks but it seems my hair continues to misbehave but I am certain this product would work for those with much lighter hair than I.

CHANEL Levres Scintillantes Glossimer
I received this lip gloss as a leaving present from my old workplace last Autumn and it has managed to last me throughout 2013. I'm not usually keen on glosses due to their sticky texture but I really like the soft glaze it applies to my lips. Although it doesn't give much colour, it compliments pink and peach lipsticks incredibly well.  A slight issue I found with this product is the packaging, as you can see quite a lot of excess gloss has been left around the edges which I am unable to reach and will therefore go to waste. This lip gloss regularly retails at a shocking £21 and I think it's highly unlikely that I will be repurchasing.

THE BODY SHOP Strawberry Hand Cleanser
This was given to me by a good friend of mine a couple of months ago and it hasn't left my hand bag since! A hand sanitiser is just one of my everyday essentials and I always have one at close reach to cleanse my hands, especially after travelling on public transport or before eating out. Generally I prefer my hand sanitisers to have a fresh citrus scent so initially I didn't think I'd like the sweet fragrance of Strawberry  however the smell is pleasantly light and I have really taken to it. I've even had my other half asking to use it just to give it a sniff.

Lady Gaga 'Fame' Eau de Parfum
I'm rather impressed that this perfume has lasted me exactly a year this month. This is the first fragrance launched by Gaga and has been one of my 'go to' perfumes over the past year. A musky yet sweet, innocently sexy scent perfect to wear for a date or night out with the girls. The product itself appears black within the bottle but becomes transparent once in contact with the skin. Much like 'Candy' the scent does tend to fade rather quickly which is of course frustrating but hasn't discouraged me from wearing it.


Tamara x

1 comment

  1. Such a lovely products!
    That prada parfume looks nice! ^^

    xoxo
    www.its-dash.com

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.