Max Factor Wild Mega Volume Mascara

Friday 9 August 2013


Max Factor Wild Mega Volume volumising mascara - £4.99 * introductory offer

It's been a while since I purchased a new mascara and I'm a little bored of my regular choices, some have even dried out because I've had them much too long. I don't usually turn to Max Factor for beauty in general as I find their products are slightly over priced for what they are and their product launches aren't terribly innovative. That was until the new 'Wild Collection' was launched this Summer and I was completely intrigued. 

Out of the new range I knew I HAD to get the mascara, the main reason being..the brush! I'm very fussy when it comes to mascara applicators, I need something chunky and curvy with bristles not plastic teeth. Initially this  hour glass brush shape reminded me of the one belonging to my favourite 'Sexy Pulp Ultra-Volume' mascara by Yves Rocher so I was hoping it would give just as good results and since it was around 2/3 less in price I thought I may have found an affordable dupe.

Application is a dream with this mascara, the product is really buildable and my lashes instantly appear more defined and lengthened. The intensity of the black is fantastic and although it gives my eyes more impact it still brings out a natural appearance. I haven't chosen to use this mascara for my lower lashes just because I find that with the brush being so large it's hard to define smaller lashes. On an negative note occasionally the brush does get a little goopy so I have found myself having to rid of excess product to avoid it clumping on my lashes. 

Overall I think the 'Wild Mega Volume' mascara is great value for money and is definitely worth trying for yourselves. It didn't quite give as much volume as I'd hoped but it certainly does create great definition, perfectly wearable for both day or night. It is easy to remove with any regular facial wash or cleanser without leaving panda eyes. 


Tamara x

2 comments

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.