Topshop Infrared Lipstick

Thursday 22 August 2013


Topshop 'Infrared' - £8

Red lips always seem to suit everyone else but me and it has been a frustrating process to find a shade that I can pull off. It took me a terribly long time to realise that cool toned reds are just not my friend and so I needed to focus my search on warmer, orange toned reds. A few weeks back I was chatting with a lovely girl over the till and I found myself awing over her lipstick, she told me it was 'Morange' by MAC and since she had very similar dark features and medium skin tone like myself I figured if it looked good on her it should on me..right? MAC is a brand I can't really afford to invest in so I went on the hunt for an inexpensive dupe. I researched online and came across many recommendations that Topshop's 'Infrared' was a perfect match for this particular shade.

This is a extremely vibrant red and gives a lovely colour to my lips, even my boyfriend approved - which doesn't happen often. As it is such a bright shade I don't think I will be wearing this once Autumn comes around, it's definitely more of a Summer colour and looks best worn with a tan although I think I could get away with wearing it on nights out. I only own three other Topshop lipsticks and I have found them all to be drying on the lips but I was delightfully surprised to find that this one was much more hydrating and I didn't necessarily need to apply a balm on beforehand. The product itself is durable however it does transfer easily so I do find myself having to reapply after eating and drinking. I'm over the moon to have found my perfect red lip and even better it's affordable.


Tamara x

2 comments

  1. I love topshop lipsticks! Must get my hands on a couple more!

    BritishBeautyAddict

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found them to be drying on the lips :( but their colour range is amazing! Thank you for reading Emily x

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.