GlossyBox: High-flyers

Wednesday 28 August 2013




JUICY COUTURE Viva La Juicy Noir
A suductivly sweet fragrance created with Sandalwood, honey suckle and a burst of berries. I have found this to be wearable day or night and for any occassion. Unfortunately this perfume isn't terribly durable which is an issue I also found with 'Couture La La', however it's such a lovely scent it hasn't discouraged me from wearing it. 

JELLY PONG PONG 2-in-1 Eyeliner & Shadow
With my experiences so far with Jelly Pong Pong as a brand, I can't say I've been totally impressed and most often I give my products away. I've recently taken to shadow liners and initially I was interested to see how this particular one would turn out. I wasn't too pleased with the colour I received, a dark green which really isn't suited for me. If I do choose to wear green around the eyes I usually opt for olive/neutral tones. Therefore it seems  I won't find any use for this. 

EMITE MAKE UP Eyelash Curler 
I was really intrigued to find out what product was worth £20 in this month's box and I certainly did not expect these! I currently use a Benefit eye lash curler which has done me well for a few years or so, but this one by Emite make up has really stepped up the mark. I'm not too keen on the appearance of the curler and on first impressions I didn't think they would perform that well or live up to their price tag. How very wrong I was. This curler is amazing, from my very first use I have been completely taken by how brilliant they are. My lashes become so much more defined, opening up my eyes  with a really natural appearance. This curler will NEVER leave my make up bag and has certainly become a 2013 favourite. 

TRESEMME Platinum Strength 60 Second Treatment Shot
These treatment shots from Tresemme seem to go down well with other beauty bloggers and I've always been curious to try one for myself. This is the 'platinum strength instant resue' shot, developed to combat frizzy, damaged hair. Currently I have rather dry, split ends and I was expecting this treatment to give my locks a much smoother texture but honestly it gave rather average results. The product has a lovely scent and leaves my hair tangle free but I just didn't feel it was any better than my regular conditioner. 

OCEANE Makeup Remover Pen
I always aim to create a perfect a cat eye flick when applying eyeliner and although I have somewhat mastered it, over years of attempts, I do still make the odd mistake or smudge. I've never really considered using a make up remover pen just because it'll be another product added to the bulge of my make up bag and I'm happy enough using a damp cotton bud. This product has actually come into good use although I wouldn't say that it is entirely essential in my routine. After each use I have noticed make up to linger on the nib of the pen which does transfer back onto the skin which is slightly annoying but replaceable nibs are provided with the pen. 


Tamara x


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.