Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine & Textured Nail Paint

Wednesday 13 March 2013


Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint - £3.99 each



These two particular shades really appealed to me out of the entire Gelly Hi-Shine range, I just love my nudes and sky blues! 'Lychee' is a light neutral beige/nude colour wearable for both day or night, it gives a chic appearance and has a super sleek shine to it. 'Blueberry' is a beautiful powder blue perfect to wear for Summer, I think it may be a little too bold for the Spring so I will be saving it for when the sun decides to come out more regularly. Both polishes apply really well onto the nails and dry much quicker than the original Barry M nail paints. They're much more durable and I found that 2 coats with a base worked best.


Barry M Textured Nail Paint - £3.99 each



I have been eager to try the Texture range for some time now and it was really hard to choose which shades to try first as they're all so tempting. I settled with 'Ridley Road' a delightful mint green colour and 'Kingsland Road' which is a strawberry milkshake pink. Both shades are well suited for this season and bring a subtle pop of colour to my nails. I've taken to the texture of the polish itself and I love that it has a matte finish, however I did need to apply around 3 coats which resulted in a thick layer of product which was prone to chipping. I always wear pastel shades this time of year so I will be making great use of these two and soon I may possibly try more from the range. 


Tamara x

10 comments

  1. nice nail polishes *_* your blog looks very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, the textures one look really interesting ... I want to try them out! Do you think that topping it off with a shiny coat will ruin the texture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A top coat will definitely take away the matte appearance, not so sure if it will effect the texture x

      Delete
  3. Love all the shades you picked! Absolutely dying to try the textured barry m polishes now! x

    Lauren-Jade @ Dainty Bones
    http://laurenjadem.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lauren :) you really should try them! X

      Delete
  4. Such beautiful polishes www.adoramehitabel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blueberry one! I need to give these a try, I've never been a big fan of Barry M nail varnishes - I always find the brush isn't wide enough for a smooth coverage!

    Kerry x

    fashionandflame.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These gelly h-shine polishes have a lovely application, give one a try and see what you think :)

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.