GlossyBox: The Sexy Summer Box

Friday 22 June 2012





GLOSSYBOX Serie Exclusive Pro Beauty Brush

Extra make up brushes are always handy to have so I thought it was nice to find one in this month’s box but it was pretty disappointing in the end. This brush has been made with goat’s hair which I found to be much firmer compared to my other brushes and it had a rather rough texture which caused harsh discomfort to my face. The bristles seem to be blunt and it almost felt as if each one was pricking my face. On my first time using this I used it to apply the BM bronzer (see below) and since have had blemishes on the apples of my cheeks. I don't think I'll make much more use of this, maybe for the odd touch up and that’s about it.

YVES ROCHER FRANCE Mini Mascara ultra-volume Sexy Pulp

This teeny tiny mascara surprisingly gives big(ish) results so much so I have been using it every day since I got it - just a shame it wasn't the full sized product. It has a large brush which I absolutely love; it catches every single lash giving superb definition. Maybe I have too high expectations for mascaras but I didn't think this gave volume to an 'ultra' extent so I probably wouldn’t reach for this for when getting ready for nights out or days where I want a more dramatic look to my eyes.

BM BEAUTY Summer Warmth Bronzer

I was really pleased to see that a bronzer had been included this month as I am currently reviewing bronzers for my next post. Much like the mascara I have been using this product every day since I received it, it's that good! This bronzer by BM Beauty gives a warm sun-blushed glow to my cheeks and lasts all day. You don't need too much of the product to get that sun kissed look but it is easily buildable if you want a more enhanced tint. The only downside is the size of the sample it is ridiculously small which makes it hard to dab my make up brush into it without making a mess.

CLEAN START BY DERMALOGICA Day/Night 3-step Kit

This skin care kit is perfect for me as it tackles shine and if you're like me and have oily skin, finding this in this month’s GlossyBox was a bonus. The kit contained a foaming wash, purifying toner and an SPF moisturiser. My favourite of the three was definitely the purifying toner, which came as a spray, after every use my skin is left feeling fresh and keeps control of oil and shine. The foaming face wash had a light fragrance of lemon and removed make up very well, leaving my skin cleansed. The moisturiser is soft on the skin and promises a matte complexion although I didn't notice it had a great effect on my skin personally.

VICHY Dermablend Ultra-Corrective Foundation Cream Stick

Liquid foundations only ever really do it for me anything from compact powders, mousse or even tinted moisturisers just don't work at all. Not to my surprise this cream stick foundation wasn't ideal for an overall full coverage so I have been using this product as a concealer instead. I think the product is slightly on the heavy side and when applying it to my face it felt like I was literally smearing it on. Needless to say it does give fairly good coverage for smaller areas of redness and blemishes but definitely not to be used for your entire face.

Tamara x

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.