Gold, Silver..Bronzer

Saturday 30 June 2012

Who knows if we will actually have a real summer this year considering the weather has been so unpredictable lately so just in case the sun doesn't make a long term appearance I thought I'd try and test a selection of bronzers that will give a summer glow to my face on those grim, dull days. I have chosen these products completely at random and they each came at purse friendly prices. 




Accessorize Baked Bronzer Duo - £6.00

This is the first cosmetic product that I have purchased from Accessorize, this is the Baked Bronzer Duo - Pearl Sands Shade 1. What appealed to me most about this product is the use of two shades that are far from alike, one being a warm baked brown and the other a shimmery golden tone. Together they give my cheeks a sun kissed glow as well as acting as a highlighter, giving definition to my face and you only need to apply small amounts of product at a time to build up to your preference. I have been using this bronzer most days since I bought it and have been getting quite a few compliments too! This is a product I'd definitely recommend especially considering how cheap it is.  




17 Instant Glow Bronzing Rocks - £4.99 with free brush!

17 is becoming my favourite high street/drug store brand, from nail varnishes to mascaras, I'm always impressed and the other week this little item caught my attention. My usual choice of bronzer would be a compact powder so I thought I'd give these Instant Glow Bronzing Rocks in 'Pink Bronze' a try. The rocks consist of two shades, a subtle champagne pink and a copper bronze that blend together to give a soft glow with added shimmer. This product gives more of a natural colour to my cheeks so I tend to use this on days I'm wearing minimal make up.




BM Beauty Mineral Bronzer - sample inside this month's GlossyBox, full size retails at £8.00
I have reviewed this product in this post, take a look!


Benefit Tan About Town - £9.00




I received this cute little kit by Benefit as a belated birthday present from one of my closest friends. The 'Tan About Town' consists of Some Kind-A Gorgeous, BadGal Lash and the Hoola bronzer. I actually have the full sized Hoola bronzer but have been neglecting it as I always found the product to be a little too matte for my liking, I think a little added shimmer goes a long way to getting a more natural glowing finish. Also I've always thought bronzers work better if they're multi-tone, the shade of Hoola is quite bland on the skin and if over applied can make cheeks look grubby. 

Tamara x 

1 comment

  1. i love bronzers! <3
    find your products very good and nice blog! <3

    love
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ps. your photo is cute :*

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.