SheSaidBeauty June Box

Saturday 16 June 2012

After days impatiently waiting for the postman, I received the first box of my SheSaidBeauty three month subscription which I recenlty purchased from wowcher.co.uk and so I thought I'd share with you the  products I got that came inside from brands such as St TropezElemis and more.





YARDLEY LONDON Royal Diamond Eau de Toilette

As much as I like floral fragrances this was a tad too strong although I won't let it go to waste, it's only a sample after all. It has a sense of sophistication about it with essences of bergamot and vanilla, so I will most likely wear this on the odd special occasion. 

MISCHA BARTON Whipped Shea Body Butter; Lemon Zest

This body butter smells scrumptious however I did find the consistency quite thick compared to other body butters I've previously used. The zesty scent is ideal for summer time and skin is left soft and nourished with lemon, cranberry and grapefruit. This is a full sized sample retailed at £10 perhaps a little over priced for such a small 65g tub.

ELEMIS Tranquil Touch Indulgent Bath Elixir 

For a high end brand, I was nowhere near satisfied with this product by Elemis and probably won't consider their products in future. Firstly, the scent was a bit too 'Grandma' for my liking it was rather musty and simply not to my taste. Secondly the bubbles seemed to disappear within minutes of getting into my bath, which was disappointing as the bottle claims to guarantee 'indulgent bubbles'. I have noticed a large number of reviews highly rating this product which I must say I'm a little confused about. 

ST. TROPEZ Self Tan Perfect Legs

I have never opted for instant tan when it comes to my tanning regime as I think there's nothing worse than layering my skin with product, leaving orange streaks on my clothes and smelling like biscuits. I definitely prefer to use gradual tan so I was gutted I didn't find the St Tropez Gradual Tan Everyday Body moisturiser in my beauty box. Instead I received the Self Tan Perfect Legs spray which was also a full sized 75ml sample regularly retailed at £10. Since I've never used instant tan I wasn't exactly 'prepared' and I now know the importance of wearing a mitt! This product gave me a natural looking tan although I must admit I'm avoiding any contact with my cream carpet and white sheets - if you could see the state of my palms you'd know what I'm talking about. It has a pleasant smell and I really think I want to give the gradual tan a go for sure. 

LET'S GO LASHES Strip Lashes

I got a pair of Let's Go Lashes in my May GlossyBox, so now I have two that I have yet to try out. This time I received these falsies in the style 'Temptress' which I think I prefer over my other pair in style 'Tease' as they appear to have more volume and their length isn't so exaggerated. I aim to review both styles at a later date so watch this space!

GINVERA Green Tea Nude Cover BB Cream

In all honesty I'm not a huge fan of BB creams, I find that they don't give enough coverage and do no good for my oily skin but this Green Tea Nude Cover BB Cream by Ginvera has won me over! It is delightfully light on the skin leaving a matte finish. I have noticed my skin tone appears much more even which previous BB creams I've used, failed to do. This BB cream would work well as a base under make up or on days you want your face to appeal more natural, simply wear it as it is. Unfortunately the full sized product comes at a pricey £20 so I don't think I will be investing into it any time soon. 

Tamara x

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.