Sanctuary Spa 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask

Tuesday 11 February 2014

Sanctuary Spa 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask - £6.99* (currently on offer at Boots)

I have wanted to try a charcoal based face mask for the longest time but have spent too much time speculating on which one to go for. I've seen endless reviews on how amazing the Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask is, but at £22.00 I just haven't brought myself to make the purchase. I'd always been aware that this 5 Minute Thermal Detox mask from the Sanctuary Spa was a very close match but even still at £10, I couldn't help but wonder if it would live up to my high expectations. 

Recently I noticed that Boots had a 1/3 off offer on the entire Sanctuary Spa skin care range, including the mask so of course I couldn't refuse this time. My skin has actually taken a bad turn over the past fortnight and I knew a deep cleansing treatment is exactly what it needed. This mask claims to banish impurities and control excess oils to clear troublesome blemishes. To apply the product I make sure my face is still wet after cleansing, as moisture is needed in order to work it's magic. A warming sensation begins once the mask comes into contact with the skin which is really soothing and comforting although doesn't last as long as I'd hoped and begins to cool within a matter of seconds. The consistency is rather thick but only a thin layer is needed all over face and neck or if you wish, you can choose to use it for specific areas such as the T-zone. After 5 minutes, I simply remove the mask with water and my face feels much more refreshed and softer.

I personally hoped that by the end of the 5 minutes the mask would have hardened, considering Kaolin clay is a key ingredient, but instead it remained damp throughout. I also was surprised to see how much product remained in my pores despite rinsing and found that it took further cleansing to remove all of the remaining product. Despite these minor set backs I do think this mask is a real treat for the skin and would complete any self-pamper session, it's perfect for taking a few minutes out of the day to give yourself some TLC. The product is suited to oily skin types and has been developed with natural plant extracts, almond oil and Myrrh.


Tamara x

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.