Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water

Friday 7 February 2014

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water - £4.99

Cleansing waters have fast become a cult product with beauty gurus and with Bioderma taking the top spot it seems high street brands are making their best attempts to compete. I personally haven't tried Bioderma for myself simply because it isn't easily accessible in the U.K, it's a little on the pricey side and I honestly don't think it's worth the efforts of shipping over from abroad. I recently became aware of the newly launched Micellar Cleansing Water from Garnier and with everything from the packaging to the performance of the product itself, I was convinced that this was a close to perfect dupe.

For under five pounds you get a generous 400ml which is estimated to be 200 uses. The concept of the product is to remove stubborn make up whilst deeply cleansing the skin. I simply apply the water onto a cotton pad and wipe all over my face. The consistency of the product is literally like fresh water, it feels so light, there is no greasy residue left behind and the surface of my skin felt much more matte without feeling try or tight. It's fragrance free, which although some people may prefer, I wouldn't have minded  a subtle scent to be added to it.

I don't choose to use this to take off my face entirely, I still like to wash and exfoliate before using the Micellar water. I think this is a wonderful addition to my skin care routine, it's incredibly quick and easy to use, fuss free. As the bottle is on the large side it isn't ideal for travel and unfortunately there isn't a smaller size available to purchase, which is the only downside to this product.


Tamara x

8 comments

  1. I've always wanted to try Bioderma but the shipping fees just seemed like way too much hassle for me. This seems similar though so I'm going to give it a go after reading this!
    Great post :)
    Bea x
    Bea's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a great drugstore alternative! Let me know what you think :) x

      Delete
  2. I want to try this so bad! I might have to try bioderma since garnier micellar cleansing water isn't available in the US yet.

    So what order do you use this? Before or after you wash your face?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully it'll be available in the US soon? I like to use this after washing or exfoliating to rid any left over make up and dirt x

      Delete
  3. Haven't tried this one yet but like the look of it :)

    andbeautyorsomething.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this and am waiting to give it a try, for the price this is really good and you get much more than you do if you buy Bioderma.

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.