The Body Shop Vitamin E Overnight Serum-in-Oil

Sunday 16 February 2014

The Body Shop Vitamin E Overnight Serum-in-Oil - £12.00

It's been impossible to ignore all the excitement over this newly launched product from The Body Shop and of course curiosity got the better of me. I have never considered skin serums or facial oils before and it's mostly down to my concern that they will be a disaster for my oily skin however I was reassured to hear that it was non-greasy and worked for all skin types. The Vitamin E range is one of my all time favourites, I especially like the Hydrating Toner and the Moisture Cream so I was certain I would enjoy using this Serum-in-Oil.

This is an overnight serum-in-oil, enriched with Vitamin E to replenish moisture and awaken the skin. I choose to use this just before bed focusing on the driest areas of my skin,despite having oily skin I have recently noticed dry patches around my nose. With a few drops in the palm of my hand I gently pat the product onto the skin and then blend in with my finger tips. The serum is so incredibly light and absorbs quickly without leaving behind an unpleasant greasy texture. This is an innovative product which can be used four ways to suit your personal preference:

1. As part of your night time skin care routine after cleansing and toning
2. Mixed in with your regular facial night cream
3. Used as an occasional reviving treatment for the skin
4. Applied to specific areas of the skin which are calling for some hydration

I have been using this product for a fortnight or so and it has been a lovely update to my 'before bed' skin care routine. My skin feels really soft when I wake up the next morning and find there is no unwanted residue left behind. I was hoping I'd see a glow to my skin using this product but I must admit I haven't seen much improvement to the appearance of my skin, it does however feel much smoother and nourished which is essential during Winter weather and better yet it hasn't broken me out. I did initially think £12 was a little much for this serum but a little goes a long way with this product and I know it'll last me a good few months!


Tamara x

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.