Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara

Wednesday 17 April 2013


Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara - £7.99

Maybelline mascaras are never really an option for me, I find them quite average and I think the result claims are always exaggerated. The 'Rocket Volum' Express' mascara is the latest to be launched and promises to give lashes up to 8x more volume in an instant. I was actually given this by my Mum who had tried it herself beforehand but was left disappointed, nevertheless I thought I'd see whether it worked for me. 

On first impressions I was immediately put off by the plastic applicator, I really dislike brushes such as this one and straight away I knew I wasn't going to get on with this mascara. This is supposedly clump-free but I found there to be quite a few small clumps that built up as I applied the product, especially on my lower lashes. Since this is the waterproof edition of the 'Rocket Volum' Express' it is quite tedious to remove, a facial wash and water really isn't enough for the the mascara to budge, despite finding a few lashes had been pulled out in the process, so I had to follow up with a make up remover. I find that small bits of the the product get left behind and irritate my eyes regardless of my best efforts to take it all off. The only thing I do like about this mascara is the black intensity of the product, my lashes do appear more defined and much bolder however it doesn't live up to it's '8x' more guaranteed impact.


Tamara x

17 comments

  1. I find it easy to get pulled in by the claims brands make '8x' does seem too good to be true but I always buy anyway because I want to believe it. Thanks for your post stopped me wasting £7.99!

    Leigh

    www.littepieceofbeauty.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no this is the first negative review I've seen.. I've not bought this yet, but what a shame :((( xx
    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really not worth trying, I don't consider Maybelline to be the best brand for mascaras anyway.

      Thank you for reading Gemma :)

      Delete
  3. really great review, thanks for sharing!
    xx Kate

    The Style Department

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for reading :) I'd love if you follow too x

      Delete
  4. I bought this but haven't used it a lot. At the moment I am using my YSL shocking mascara which I like because it really lengthens but is also clumpy. I have a blog, I recently posted about my essie collection.
    A MakeupHabit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading, cute blog want to follow each other? x

      Delete
  5. I really like your blog! Just followed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also do you want to follow each other on Twitter and Instagram? Just followed you on there now too.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. i definitely won't repurchase this mascara
    it was a miss for me, mainly because of the brush not the formula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame you didn't like it either, thank you for reading my review x

      Delete
  8. Aw, shame it didn't work out so great :(

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.