La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo

Saturday 26 October 2013

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo - £9.75 * 1/3 off promotion at Boots (now ended)

At last I have this 'revolutionary' product in my grasp! This is something I have wanted to try for so long now but the price of it was holding me back, but with a third off promotion at Boots I figured it was probably the cheapest I'd ever find it in store so I bit the bullet and made the purchase. I can't stress enough how troublesome my skin can be and I do find it hard finding products that can improve the condition of my skin so I often depend on blogs and recommendations to help me discover new potentially effective skin care. The Effaclar Duo has certainly made a name for itself with beauty gurus with it's claims to fight imperfections and reduce the appearance of pores and it was instinct for me to find out what all the buzz was about.


I have been applying this to the face after cleansing and toning, somewhat like a moisturiser. It has a light, smooth consistency with a subtle fragrance. It sinks into the skin really well and doesn't leave any unwanted residue. Although I have noticed an improvement in the time it takes for my blemishes to fade, this product hasn't completely cleared my skin which, after all the hype I've seen, I'd hoped would be the case. I also noticed that the skin around my nose became rather sensitive and began to peel when using this product so I now only focus around my chin, cheeks and forehead when applying.

I can't say I get the whole 'wow factor' behind this product just yet but that is probably down to how problematic my skin generally is and with the transition of the seasons I have been through a spiral of break outs. I think I will repurchase this product again once my skin has settled with the Winter climate for me to be able to properly determine whether this cult product is really working for me or not.

Tamara x

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.