Mini Mani

Wednesday 22 May 2013


Models Own All That Glitters Mini Nail Polish Trio

Models Own is one of my favourite brands for nail polish and I was so chuffed to receive this mini trio from one of my besties as a birthday gift. This is the 'All That Glitters' selection which includes shades 'Blizzard', 'Pink Fizz' and 'Southern Lights' (left to right) which are all infused with intense sparkle. These polishes are perfectly sized for travel or to keep in your handbag when your on the go. 


When I first saw these three beauties I was instantly drawn to 'Blizzard', it literally looks like broken pieces of a disco ball in a bottle with chunky flakes of glitter that glisten like glass. It works amazingly well as a top coat over vibrant colours and I think it goes perfectly with the Models Own Hed Kandi range. 'Pink Fizz' has a combination of pink and silver glitter giving a much more glamorous look to the nails, it is very similar to Barry M's 'Pink Silver' glitter nail paint and 'Devonshire Street' by Nails Inc. Two applications gave an even coat although a third does give extra shine and impact. I don't think I've ever owned a nail polish quite like 'Southern Lights' it has a gorgeous mixture of blue, purple, green and pink sparkle with an almost holographic appearance. I found that three coats worked best for this shade and I think it'll be great to wear during the summer months.

As with pretty much ALL glitter polishes, these three are a bit of a nightmare to remove but nevertheless they  look lovely on the nails and would be best worn for a night out on the town with the girls or a summer party. 


Tamara x

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.