NARS Larger Than Life Lip Gloss

Friday 3 May 2013




Nars Larger Than Life Lip Gloss - £19.00

Recently my Mum gave me this newly launched  Nars 'Larger Than Life' Lip Gloss, a high-shine gloss for the lips developed to create drama and add impact to your pout. There are 18 shades to choose from, this is 'Place Vendome' which is a deep, raspberry colour which is miles away from my usual preference of pinky peach. The intensity of the colour is really impressive for a lip gloss, it gives my lips an instant full tint of colour with one glaze. I think it would go perfectly with a Plum or dark Cherry lipstick for a voluminous 'vampy lip'. I'm not convinced this shade would suit all skin tones, I think it would work best for those with olive and mocha skin which is why I probably will save wearing this until I have tanned over the Summer. I would also suggest that this particular shade is much more wearable for night rather than daytime, although it depends on your personal preference of course. 

I found the product itself to be quite long lasting although it does tend to fade after eating and drinking, again why I wouldn't recommend to wear during the day. The brush is the smallest I think I've ever seen but this acts as an advantage as it makes application much more precise as it enables you to line your lips before completely filling them in. The texture is slightly sticky which I was expecting however a little more bearable than your average lip gloss. It's not incredibly hydrating so I would recommend applying a balm before hand especially if you regularly suffer from dried out lips like I do. 

There's no way I'd ever spend more than a fiver on lip gloss so I can't imagine that I'd ever purchase this product for myself, I'm certain there are plenty of high street/drugstore alternatives for a fraction of the price. I wasn't overly thrilled with this product simply because I'm not the biggest fan of lip gloss although I am hoping to make some use of it even if it is only occasionally. 


Tamara x

7 comments

  1. This is just the perfect shade, shame about it being quite sticky though

    Dusterknuckles | Fashion // Beauty // Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's just always the case with glosses, that's why I hardly use them x

      Delete
  2. Wow the colour looks so pretty love it <3

    http://ruby--x.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's such a beautiful colour!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! But I find pinks and peaches suit me better. Thank you for reading x

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.