Happy 2nd Birthday GlossyBox!

Thursday 23 May 2013

I was rather excited to receive this months box and since I share the same birthday month with GlossyBox it was an extra treat for me. Celebrating two years since launching, GlossyBox have made May's box extra special with premium skincare and beauty heroes...





PAUL MITCHELL Awapuhi Wild Ginger Shine Spray
I don't ever feel the need to add extra shine to my hair so I don't tend to use sprays like these, I'd rather avoid adding unnecessary product to my locks, however this one by Paul Mitchell also acts as a heat protector and conditioning treatment. It can be used throughout heat styling or as a finishing touch to your do. I haven't been straightening my hair as often as I used to since recently deciding to embrace my natural waves but if I should ever decide to I will use this spray and put it to the test. The scent of this product is very potent and the fragrance of Ginger does come through. This is the full 125ml size which can be purchased for a ridiculous £18.95! 

JELLY PONG PONG Fairy Lash Mascara
I have to admit I was keeping my fingers crossed hoping I'd receive the Givenchy 'Noir Couture' mascara sample after falling in love with the applicator brush when watching a recent review. This mascara, I would imagine, does not compare in the slightest and honestly it is a bit of a let down. The results are quite average, although my lashes do appear lengthened I was disappointed with the lack of volume this mascara gave. The applicator brush is terribly basic and the product itself becomes quite clumpy when built up on the lashes. Since this is waterproof it is rather tedious to remove and it takes a good cleanser to take it off. 

BEAUTIFUL MOVEMENTS COSMETICS Prime & Create Mixing Medium
On first impressions this is an unusual product, it's a clear gel like substance which supposedly can be used along with foundation, powder based blushers and eye shadows to create a more creamy consistency. I'm not entirely thrilled by this idea since so many beauty products are readily available in cream formulations. Nevertheless I have taken to using this product as a primer before applying my make up as it gives a matte surface to my skin and keeps shine at bay. To my surprise my make up stays in place for hours when I use this gel which I really didn't expect at all!

COLLECTION Fast Stroke Eyeliner
I'm a girl who loves her eye liner and I can never have too many so I welcomed this Collection liner with open arms. This is a full sized product which regularly retails at only £2.99 which is a great beauty bargain and is something I could afford to regularly purchase. Application is simple and precise, the stable nib enables me to create bold lines across the lid and sharp cat eye flicks. 

HEADLINE COLORS Poolside Party Nail Polish
I hadn't previously heard of this brand before and I was quite intrigued by the shades of the 'Poolside Party' selection. I was hoping to receive one of the more vibrant colours of the range but I was given shade 'Gunmetal' which is a dark, metallic charcoal..not exactly summer appropriate. The polish applies well and I found two coats worked best, I don't really like the shade on my nails when worn alone however it does look much better with a glitter or confetti top coat. This is a durable product and can be removed with ease.



Tamara x

6 comments

  1. Is glossy box worth signing up for??


    and i love your blog,so good keep it up xox

    http://teenagebeautyobsession.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Holly :) you could sign up for a three month subscription to start, see what you think of it. x

      Delete
  2. I love the collection eyeliners you should try the felt tip liner it's amazing and a similar price!
    antiquebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly, I LOVE LOVE your url, its fab!
    Secondly, is glossy box worth signing up for? I've been seriously debating it for ages now, and I just can't decide whatsoever! Do you get good things, or is it all not very useful!? I really have no idea whether to sing up or not!!
    I am going to follow you on bloglovin' straight away, your blog is fabulous! As is the header! If you visit my blog and like it, a follow back would be much appreciated!
    Thankyou xx

    tawnyfawns.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much for following and I'm so pleased you like my blog! You're comments mean so much :) and you're blog is adorable!

      If you're curious about GlossyBox I'd recommend you start with a three month subscription to see whether you think it's worth a full subscription. Honestly not all the boxes have been fantastic but it really depends on the products you receive as everyone gets a different selection each time.

      x

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.