GlossyBox: Spring Fever

Wednesday 24 April 2013

I think it is fair to say that all of us 'Glossies' have been lusting over this month's beautiful box, exclusively designed by fashion and textiles siren Pearl Lowe. The inspiration for this box was Pearls' personal love for all things vintage and floral, a perfect representation of the Spring season . 





CRABTREE & EVELYN Somerset Meadow Hand Therapy 
This is a wonderful hand cream soon to be launched at the end of this month by Crabtree & Evelyn, whom I have always been aware of but have not yet owned anything by the brand. This product was a delightful addition to my box and has now found a permanent home in my hand bag so it's always at close reach. The lotion is delicate on the hands and is perfectly moisturising without feeling greasy or heavy on the skin. It is beautifully scented with Shea butter and Macadamia nut oil whilst enriched with both Vitamins C and E.  

NIP +  FAB Dry Skin Fix Body Butter 
Nip + Fab body butters are utterly gorgeous, they come in scrumptious scents and leave skin feeling soft and pampered. I received the butter in 'Pistachio Sundae' which I currently own as a a full sized tub, it has a 'good enough to eat' fragrance and a vibrant colour of green. The lotion melts into the skin well and leaves my body deliciously fragrant. Since I already own the full product I may give this sample away as a gift or save it for travel occasions as it is such a useful size to pack. 

ILLAMASQUA Medium Pencil
This is actually my first Illamasqua product and admittedly I wish it had been something I would get more use out of. This is a multi-purpose pencil, it can either be used on the water line of your eyes or as a lip liner to give definition. I was slightly baffled as I found that the shade of the pencil could only really work for my lips and in no way for my eyes. The shade I received was 'Strumpet' which is a strong red which would in no doubt work to line lips but I can't even imagine outlining my eyes with it.

YVES ROCHER FRANCE So Elixir Yves Rocher Eau de Parfum
Honestly I wasn't expecting much from this perfume but I was beyond surprised when I first gave it a sniff. This is a sultry, floral fragrance consisting of Patchouli, Tuberose and Vetiver wearable for both day and night. A true statement scent sure to attract attention and reward you with compliments. 

ESSIE Nail Laquer
I adore this nail polish! It was literally love at first sight as soon as it stared back at me from inside the box. This is shade 'Bikini So Teeny' which is a powder blue with a hint of lilac which I think is a lovely shade to wear in the sunshine. It's almost comparable to Barry M's Gelly Hi-Shine shade 'Blueberry' but of course without the glossy appearance. The polish itself is extremely durable and applies well onto the nails.


Tamara x

4 comments

  1. Looks like a good box - the polish looks great! x


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg everyones posts are making me want to order this GlossyBox! Love the Essie nail polish! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's probably too late to order this box, to be honest Glossybox isn't always fantastic but you could always try a three month subscription to start off and see what you think x

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.