10-Day Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup Trial

Saturday 27 April 2013


Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup - £27.50 30ml

Although I'm pretty settled with my current foundation choice, Lancome's 'Teint Idole Ultra 24H'I still can't help but think there could be something even better out there for me. I often struggle to find the perfect foundation that gives full coverage and that is kind to my oily, blemish prone skin. 

Over the past week or so Estée Lauder has offered a 10-day trial of the 'Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup' for a limited period, so I dashed into my nearest Debenhams store to get my colour match and of course my 4ml sample. I've heard  positive things about the 'Double Wear' foundations so I had high hopes for this one although I was a little hesitant due to a past bad experience with Estée Lauder's Invisible Fluid Makeup. Despite being completely won over by the trial sample  I was greatly disappointed once I had purchased the full sized product. The consistency was ridiculously thin regardless of how much I shook the bottle and it broke me out terribly!

Nevertheless I thought I'd give the brand a second chance and so I put the 'Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup' to the test. The product is available in 30 shades to suit all skin tones and my match was 'Dawn'. The formula is wonderful on my oily skin as it allows my skin to breathe under the surface even on the most humid of days and with the recent hot weather we've had in London it's worked a treat. It's long lasting and I never felt the need to touch up during the day, it gives such full coverage that doesn't budge the slightest. Although this is a durable foundation I wouldn't consider it to be the best for day to night wear, it'll do good for up to 12 hours however if you have a long night ahead after a day at work you may need to reapply. I also found that a little goes a long way with this foundation, I simply dab dots onto my cheeks, nose, chin and forehead then blend in with a brush to give a lovely even, natural look to my skin. 

I would definitely recommend the 'Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup' for those with oily, blemished skin longing for full coverage and a shine free complexion. This is a matte finish foundation so it wouldn't suit anyone seeking a dewy glow for their skin. I think this could possibly be my new foundation favourite it ticks all my boxes and I rate it highly. 


Tamara x

4 comments

  1. Glad you like yours, mine's too dark for me and I only realised when I get home :(. Might go to another store :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no that's a shame :( the beauty advisor tried 3 shades on me before finding my match x

      Delete
    2. That's so good of her! My one just tried one and it was quite rushed :( Boo x

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.