GlossyBox: Valentine's Day

Wednesday 20 February 2013




MICABELLA COSMETICS Mineral Eye Shadow
As much as I like mineral eye shadows they are impractical as they tend to make quite a mess and often leave fall out on the face. This is shade 'Intelligence' a warm, shimmery bronze/gold which I love! It looks beautiful on the lids, blends really well and could work with a smoky eye. I only really ever wear neutral or deep metallic shades on my eyes and I'm so pleased this little gem was in my box this month. I will probably use this occasionally as I prefer to use shadow palettes day to day. 

ANATOMINCALS You Need A Blooming Shower!
Anatomicals is a brand I very much dread to find in my beauty boxes so at first I wasn't exactly happy to see this shower gel. As much as I dislike Rose scented toiletries the scent of this product is quite subtle and pleasant and I have been using this regularly. It creates a nice lather but overall it is just your ordinary shower gel so there's nothing extra special about it. 

SASSOON SALON Sassoon Professional Spray Shine
I'm not too fussed when it comes to shine spray hair products as I think my hair is generally quite shiny after every wash. This is a nifty sized product, ideal for travel or keeping in your handbag for when your out and about. Honestly I haven't really seen much difference when using this spray and it's not something I would recommend to invest in. The product is lovely and light on the hair but the scent is extremely overwhelming and unpleasant when applied. It has a strong chemical like smell to it  and although it does fade in time, it's really off putting and doesn't make you feel like you're doing anything good for your hair. The only benefit this product gives is UV protection so could be useful on holiday but overall this spray hasn't given the shine and softness it promised.   

MEMEME COSMETICS FatCat Lengthening Mascara
I have not yet purchased anything from the MeMeMe range so this was my first experience with a product from the brand. This is a lengthening mascara however I would say it's pretty average and isn't what I hoped it would be. Although my lashes were defined they didn't appear much fuller and the length barely increased so I'm really surprised that this mascara retails at £7.99 when it gives such basic results. The brush of the product was the only positive factor, it's big and chunky just how I like it. 

MINERS COSMETICS Lip Colour
This is really NOT my colour at all! I'm a little disappointed that this lipstick wasn't in a colour that suits me well, 'Dreamer' can only be described as a plum like shade with an intense pearly shimmer which completely put me off since I much prefer matte lipsticks. This lipstick really ages me, it's in no way flattering and I think this particular shade would suit the 'older woman'. It is a shame because the product does sit well on the lips without drying, the colour itself was just not for me. 

This months' GlossyBox was a little disappointing, so much so my lollipop was literally broken hearted!

Hope you all had a lovely Valentine's Day!

Tamara x

7 comments

  1. Great review and such a beautifl blog!<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great box <3

    xoxo
    www.its-dash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good review, lovely box! I would love it if you could check out my blog :)

    http://laurenemma.blog.com/

    Lauren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lauren :) nice of you to check out my blog, I like the concept of yours! x

      Delete
  4. Aww wish I got the mememe mascara too! Gutted. Love what you got rather than what I got.

    Pipp xx

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.