This Works: Fresh Skin

Saturday 2 February 2013



This Works: Fresh Skin - £17.00 £7.99

As you may remember me mentioning, I have come to appreciate skin toners much more recently and when I came across this particular one from This Works in TK Maxx I instantly wanted to give it a try. I purchased the product at nearly £10 less than it's original retail price so I considered it to be a great bargain beauty find. This is actually my first experience with a This Works product, I have heard good reviews about beauty and skin care items from the brand but have never come across it in stores until now. The toner itself is alcohol-free and doesn't contain any GM ingredients in order to maintain healthy skin. Malachite, Oak Bark, Bergamot and Neroli are the key ingredients but it must be said that the Oak Bark dominates the fragrance of the product which I'm a little thrown off by. The toner is light and refreshing on the face and can either be applied by directly spraying on to the skin or used with cotton pads.

Although I haven't been using this for too long now I have noticed slight improvements especially with my blemishes which have appeared to have reduced. The big concern I have is that each time I have used this fresh skin toner my skin feels a little itchy and irritated, although less every time, it may be a reaction to one of the ingredients found within the product or may just be the quality of the product as the box does state it should be used within a 6 month period and there's no way of knowing how long it has been sat on the shelf.

Despite the minor set back of the irritation issue I think I may occasionally use this toner but it definitely isn't my 'go to' skin toning product however I think this would possibly be quite nice to use in the Summer when my skin needs an instant cooling spritz. I am rather disappointed that this toner didn't leave me 100% satisfied but I would still like to try other This Works products in future, any recommendations?


Tamara x

10 comments

  1. Great review :) xo

    http://www.vipxo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say, I've just found your blog and it's so wonderful. I'm following now :)

    Lovely review. I haven't tried anything from This Works but I love the branding of them. I think I'll look out for their products in TK Maxx!

    http://danielleyc.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Danielle, so kind of you! I did see a few other products to try on my last visit, definitely worth having a browse :)
      your blog looks great, i'm now following
      x

      Delete
  3. oh, shame it didn't totally work out for you! hope you find something that does really soon :) great review though, very helpful!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // youtube

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win the UD naked basics palette, real techniques brushes and essie polishes! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sad that the product did not
    totally work out for you! :(

    Thank you for this tip!

    xoxo
    www.its-dash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may suit others so I wouldn't say no to giving it a try, it has shown results but I have noticed a little irritation on my face x

      Delete
  5. hey tamara, i have the toner as well! as soon as i spray my face it makes my skin irritable and itchy. I makes me feel refreshed, but really itchy! Why is that? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Atalya, thank you for reading my review. It could be your skins reaction to one of the ingredients although I did find after a few more uses the itchiness began to subside so you may just need to give it time x

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.