GlossyBox: DIY Beauty Box

Friday 26 October 2012




ANATOMICALS Don't just clean it woman, scrub it body scrub
I have to admit lately I haven't been exfoliating my skin as well as I should be so this body scrub came at the right time. Until now I hadn't tried or used any products by Anatomicals and after my first experience I'm not too impressed and feel quite let down. I was expecting the scrub to have a strong, yummy grapefruit burst to it however the scent is barely there and doesn't leave my skin smelling as fruity as I'd hoped for. I also didn't think this polished my skin a great deal either so I will have to opt into purchasing a much more effective body scrub. 

DERMALOGICA 3 Step day and night kit
I've noticed repetition of products inside past GlossyBoxes and it seems to have happened again although this time I'm not too disappointed. I have had this 3 step kit before and I found that it did genuinely do some good for my skin type my favourite product being the matte moisturiser which keeps shine at bay for most of the day. The foaming wash takes of my make up effortlessly, leaving my skin feeling squeaky clean and the purifying toner refreshes my skin both morning and night. 

SKINETICA Anti-Blemish
Close to receiving this product I came down with a terrible breakout which began after trying out a new foundation sample, Clarin's Skin Illusion you are not my friend! This solution played a huge part when it came to clearing my sudden spots and blemishes, it took around 2-3 days to show noticeable results which is exactly what the product guarantees. This is to be applied every 12 hours however I have been using it with a cotton pad just before bedtime each night but the sample itself, unfortunately, is too small to last me a good while. 

YVES ROCHER FRANCE Moisturising Cream Lipstick
I'm a little baffled as to why lipstick has been included in this particular GlossyBox considering the products were chosen for a 'cosy night in', nevertheless I have really taken to it. This is shade 101 'Framboise' which is a sexy, bold red which is probably the first red that does't make me appear washed out when I'm wearing it. The product doesn't dry out my lips and seems to be durable although I haven't had the chance to wear it throughout a whole day as of yet. 


Tamara x

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.