Autumn Favourites

Sunday 21 October 2012



Batiste Dry Shampoo 'Sassy & Daring Wild' (£2.50) Real Techniques Expert Face Brush (£8.99) Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick by Kate Moss (£5.49) No 7 Beautiful Skin Quick Thinking wipes (£7) L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream (free with Marie Claire) Models Own/Essie nail polish (each part of a set) 

Batiste Dry Shampoo 'Sassy & Daring Wild'
I have been using Batiste for years but have never really been a fan of the fragrance choices offered, that was until I tried the 'Sassy & Daring Wild' edition. Along with it's fabulous leopard print packaging, this sassy dry shampoo has a long lasting sultry scent that gives a sexy boost of freshness and volume to my hair.  

Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
I gave a review on this earlier this month, read this post if you would like to have a look. This brush is perfect for liquid foundation, it blends so well and gives even coverage. The bristles are incredibly soft and gently buff product onto the skin. Real Techniques brushes can be purchased in Boots however I found this one for around £1 cheaper on Amazon

Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick by Kate Moss
After watching Vivianna's 'Top 5 Bold Lip Products' I decided I should take a risk and try a new shade for my lips. As you may or may not know I keep safe with simple peaches or pinks for my lips but I thought it was time for a change and to start wearing a colour better suited to this season. This lipstick is in shade '107' which is a vampy, blackcurrant like colour and I've really taken a liking to it. I haven't been able to wear it a great deal as it's slightly too bold for wearing around the office but I'm looking forward to wearing it on a night out. 

No 7  Beautiful Skin Quick Thinking face wipes
I've never actually purchased the No 7  Beautiful Skin Quick Thinking face wipes as I think £7 a pack is pretty ridiculous however with a trusty £5 No 7 voucher you can get them for a much more pleasing price of £2. Since I had managed to gather a whole bundle of vouchers I thought I'd stock up on a couple of packs as face wipes are always a necessity. The wipes themselves are really lovely and I would regularly buy them if they weren't so over priced. They leave my skin soft and cleansed, taking away all traces of make up and they smell really nice too.    

L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream
Last Christmas I bought my dear mother a L'Occitane gift set which included this particular hand cream and I have adored it ever since so I was thrilled to see it as a freebie with this month's Marie Claire. I know it's not going to last me because I can't seem to stop rubbing it on my hands! The cream leaves my hands so soft and nourished and doesn't have an over powering scent.

Models Own/Essie nail polish
I found these gems in TK Maxx last month, along with a few others, and these shades have been my favourites this season. They may not be your typical Autumn colours but they have all complimented my outfits of the past couple of months. My favourite of the three is definitely Essie's 'Geranium', this is a gorgeous red which lasts days on my nails without chipping! Shades 'Jade Stone' and  'Beth's Blue' are not fair off from being considered as pastel shades but I think that they are still wearable despite these dull days. 


Tamara x

1 comment

  1. Nice post! Love Essie :)
    Would you like to follow each other? Let us know.

    x

    www.chicksaboutfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.