GlossyBox: Festive Treasures

Monday 30 December 2013


BEAUTIFUL MOVEMENTS COSMETICS Nude Lip Gloss
As you may know I'm not hugely keen on lip gloss however this has been developed with a non-sticky formula which is really reassuring on windy days. The product gives a subtle touch of colour, creating a 'your lips but better' appearance which is wearable for a natural day time look or to compliment dramatic smoky eyes. I also like that the gloss doesn't leave the lips looking too glazed but instead moisturised and kissable. 

WILKINSON SWORD INTUITION Naturals Razor
This product design is genius although there is some room for improvement. The concept of this product is that it is a razor that lathers and moisturises the skin as you shave. The three blade razor is surrounded by a small block of soap like product which is enriched with Aloe Vera and Vitamin E to sooth and care for the skin. Using this is a real time saver and dismisses the need to buy shaving foam or gel. A couple of things I would criticise is that after only a couple of uses I've noticed the block of soap to have decreased quite significantly so I'm not convinced it will last me any more than three or so uses. I also found my hair to grow back much faster compared to when I use my regular Venus razor which has 5 blades. The Naturals razor retails at £6.49 which I think is slightly over priced considering you only get one razor however you could argue that it is a 3 in 1 product.

MAYBELLINE NEW YORK Colour Tattoo 24hr Eye Shadow
I have wanted to try this particular product for sometime so I was rather excited to know I'd find one inside my box, I am however a little disappointed with the shade I received. '20-Turquoise Forever' is an electric blue with added shimmer which I personally think would suit blue eyes much better and I can't even imagine myself pulling it off. I have actually purchased the shadow in a different shade - 'Metalic Pomegranate' which works well with my brown eyes and makes a change from my everyday choice of earthy browns and black.

SECHE Nail Lacquer
I find Seche nail lacquers to be really durable and apply well. I can only describe this shade, adorably titled 'Pretty Little Heartbreaker', as the perfect Barbie, bubblegum pink which initially isn't my usual preference of nail colour but could be wearable for Spring and Summer. I think that it would look more appealing worn with tanned skin so I probably won't find myself using this for a few more months or so..

SANCTUARY SPA Active Reverse Resurface & Refine Ultra Polish
I love anything from the Sanctuary Spa, all the products are of great quality and are cruelty free! This is a delicate body polisher that promises to create more radiant looking skin with two weeks. The product has a creamy yet gritty consistency with a soft scent of lemon. It is not recommended to apply this upon the face and should only be used on the body 2-3 times in the week.



Tamara x

2 comments

  1. Wow you got some great stuff!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.