Empties of the Month

Saturday 30 November 2013

(Left to Right)

BOURJOIS Magic Nail Polish Remover
I knew the day would eventually come when this would run out (sad face). This has saved me so much time and hassle especially in the morning rush. Nail polish is removed in seconds, simply by dipping each finger into the pot. This product has been such a hit, I have recently noticed other brands competing with a similar concept. My nails are left feeling conditioned after every use and the product itself has a delightfully sweet fragrance.


DOVE Refresh + Care Dry Shampoo
This is by far my favourite dry shampoo and I will most definitely repurchase it again and again. I'm not hugely keen on Batiste as I always find it leaves residue in my hair which makes it feel dirtier as opposed to refreshed. This one by Dove is so light weight and blends into my locks effortlessly without any unwanted white patched. I have mostly been using this to add volume in place of hairspray and I am actually really satisfied with the results it gives. It has a lovely fresh scent which remains all day long.

Q The Fine Fragrance Body Spray
I received this a few months ago from GlossyBox and initially I didn't think I'd find much use out of it but I have been using it on a daily basis. I love to wear perfume, for any occasion, and so I wasn't overly thrilled when I saw this average looking body spray. Of course, with every product, I couldn't knock it till I tried it and since the first spray I have genuinely enjoyed using it. I have been keeping this in my hand bag for whenever I want to freshen up throughout a long day. 

UMBERTO GIANNINI Keep It Straight Conditioner
My local Boots store has a nifty reduction shelf which I always ponder through on every visit. On one particular occasion I picked up this conditioner for a pound. I've only ever tried one or two products by this brand which, although I did really like, each retails for around £5 or more and so they have never become a regular routine purchase. Admittedly I did initially mistake this as a shampoo and I was slating it for its lack of lather but as a conditioner it does smooth out the hair, leaving a really nice scent that lingers throughout the day. Overall I didn't find it de-tangled my hair all too well so I wouldn't buy this again.

PREMAE SKINCARE Harmony Moisturising Smoothie Serum
Again, this was a GlossyBox sample that I had been given only a month ago! I've really taken to this product and have used it every morning before applying my make up. This serum soothes my skin and gives instant hydration. Developed with natural ingredients; Lemongrass, Coconut oil and vitamin E, the product melts into the skin really well and creates a smooth base for foundation.

ELIZABETH ARDEN Eight Hour Cream
On first impressions I really disliked this product. It is multi-purpose but I first started using it only on my skin which I soon came to regret. The consistency is much too thick and I felt I was just smearing it upon my face. For a while I ignored it entirely until a friend advised me that it was a real treat for the lips and indeed it is! My lips are prone to becoming rather chapped and dry and this product has really improved the condition of my lips. It's great to apply before lipstick and I've even been told it's a miracle for dry noses during a cold.


Tamara x

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.