200th Post! Beauty Haul

Saturday 14 June 2014

 

I'm rather excited to announce that this is my 200th post! Even though I don't get to write as much as I'd like to, I'm really proud of how far I have come with my blog and appreciate every single one off my readers. I thought I'd use this as an opportunity to share a recent beauty haul which I rarely ever do but with my birthday last month I was lucky enough to receive £100 John Lewis vouchers and so I treated myself with these beauties...

REN Hot Cloth Cleanser - £16.00
I had heard that this was a close competitor to the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish hot cloth cleanser and I was interested to know how well it performed in comparison. So far I am very satisfied with how well it removes make up and cleans my skin, leaving it wonderfully soft after every use. This cleanser has a delicate, creamy consistency and doesn't leave behind any unwanted residue.

LIZ EARLE Skin Repair Moisturiser - £19.25
After watching Becca Rose's May favourites video I was immediately curious to try this moisturiser. I must admit it was strange for me to purchase the dry/sensitive option since I have oily skin, but my allergy leaves my skin terribly dry and of course prone to irritation it only seemed sensible to. I have really fallen in love with this face cream, it's so soft and smells heavenly. It melts into the skin effortlessly and dry areas of my face have been completely banished.

CAUDALIE Grape Water - £10.00
This is a completely natural product and so I knew that it would not upset my sensitive skin. This is perfect for giving my skin instant hydration especially in these hot, humid days. My usual choice of face mist is the Instant Boost Skin Tonic from Liz Earle, which is essential in my daily skin care routine but I wanted to give this a try just to change things up a bit. It cools and soothes my skin, I like to apply this before moisturising in the morning and before bed.

ESTEE LAUDER Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup - £28.50
This is my favourite high end foundation but for a while I had opted for my high street foundation of choice - Maybelline's Better Skin, simply because it was a fraction of the price and gave the same results. However with my recent skin woes I have found that the Better Skin just hasn't been delivering and I have been reaching for this old gem. I was running low and desperately needed a new bottle, my shade is '2W1 Dawn' and I have always found a little goes along way with this particular foundation. 

CLINIQUE Bottom Lash Mascara - £12.00
I have wanted to try this mascara forever and I finally have it in my grasp! This is the cutest most littlest of mascaras I have ever seen which of course makes it great for using on the lower lashes and inner corner lashes. My lashes do appear noticeably longer and more defined however I was hoping for more volume than what is given. This product takes a bit of effort to remove so I'd make sure you have a decent eye make up remover at hand.


Tamara x

2 comments

  1. Love Liz Earle and REN products :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are fast becoming favourites of mine! Thanks for reading Taylor x

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.