GlossyBox: Summer Beauty Edit with Superdrug

Wednesday 28 May 2014


SOLAIT Illuminating Facial Bronzing Cream
Generally I tan really well in the sun however my face still appears much paler compared to the rest of my body. I tend to avoid applying tan on my face since my skin is so prone to break outs but as this product is specifically for the face I am hoping it will sit lightly on my skin without feeling too greasy. I haven't yet been able to give it a go with all the fuss of my recent allergy but I am hoping to try it once my skin has fully cleared. The cream itself is really smooth and I can definitely smell the almond oil which makes a nice change from the typical biscuit scent.

RIMMEL Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara
This mascara has fast become a favourite of mine and I have been using it everyday since I got it. It has a large, hourglass brush which I absolutely love and comes in close comparison with Yves Rocher's Sexy Pulp mascara. This of course is much more affordable at £6.99 and gives great results. My lashes appear much fuller and more intense with added definition and length. It's clump free so I can apply as many coats as I wish!

2true PRO 3D Candy Nail Art
Nail art is always a fun way to get creative and try different looks however I have not yet tried beads such as these. To apply you simply sprinkle the beads on to painted nails (still wet) in a colour of your choice and once in place it is recommended to paint a clear top coat to ensure they stay put. I'm not too sure whether I'll use these just because I'm not keen on the colour and honestly I can't be bothered with the mess that'll be made using them. I will probably give these to someone who will appreciate them a bit more.

SUPERDRUG Large Doughnut Ring
I like the concept of hair doughnut rings but with my hair being so long I have found it impossible to use this one. I was quite surprised that these are priced at £3.99 considering what they are, it makes more sense just to buy one for a pound in Primark. These are useful if your having a bad hair day and need a quick simple fix.

I LOVE COSMETICS Strawberries & Milkshake Shimmer & Shine Lip Gloss
I'm not one to wear lip gloss often, I much prefer a matte lip any day. This product gives an instant shimmer to your lips and smells like..you guessed it, strawberry milkshake which does come across quite sickly sweet. Again I may have to donate this to someone who actually likes it otherwise it will just go to waste. 

GARNIER Oil Beauty Lotion
This is a lovely lotion enriched with almond, argan, macadamia and rose oils to give the skin intense hydration. It has a gorgeous fragrance and melts into the skin really well. I've enjoyed using it after a hot bath to lock in moisture. 

GHOST Eclipse
I currently own GHOST Night as part of my perfume collection so I was certain that I'd like Eclipse and indeed I do! It has a fresh yet warm scent to it  which suits the warm season well. The fragrance blends both floral and fruity notes with a musk base. Bergamot, mandarin, amber, freesia and rose are just a few of the beautiful ingredients found in Eclipse. Perfect to wear on Summer evenings.



Tamara x

4 comments

  1. What did you think of the box? I got different products to you but I would have liked to try the Scandaleyes mascara :)
    Bea x
    Bea's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brittany, thank you for reading. I thought it was a good mix of products although I wasn't too impressed with a couple. The mascara was definitely the best of the bunch x

      Delete
  2. I'd love to give the Ghost perfume a try!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.