The 'Beauty Scenario' TAG

Tuesday 11 March 2014

1. You have to get rid of all your foundations and you can only keep one high end and one drugstore, which do you keep?
I only have a small collection of foundations so this isn't too tricky for me. My high end choice would definitely be Estee Lauder's Double Wear stay-in-place make up, it works really well with my oily skin and has high coverage that lasts. For my drugstore choice I'd have to pick my current foundation which is Maybelline's  SuperStay Better Skin which I was actually sent to trial a few months ago and have loved it ever since. It's an incredibly affordable liquid foundation, again with high coverage. 

2. You go for an interview and the lady interviewing you has lipstick on her teeth. Do you approach the subject or ignore it completely?
If this was a job interview specifically, I'd ignore the situation just to avoid causing any offence or putting my chance of getting the position in jeopardy. I wouldn't want her to think I wasn't focused or taking things seriously, if anything it would probably ease my nerves. 

3. You're not feeling yourself and need a pick me up. Which lipstick do you put on to make yourself feel beautiful?
My YSL Rouge Volupte just because it's gorgeous from the inside out.

4. You go back in time for a day to your teenage years, how would you do your hair and makeup differently?
I probably would have told myself to lay off the kohl pencil liner! I was known for my panda eyes back in my late teens and believe me no one lets me forget it. "USE MASCARA!" For some unusual reason I started using mascara very late in life and now I can't even imagine going about my day without applying one. In terms of hair, I'd encourage myself to embrace my natural waves. I straightened my hair to death back in the day and used hair spray to excess.

5. You ask your hairdresser for a shoulder length Pixie Lott hair cut, but they hear wrong and give you a pixi cut. Do you a) Smile, say thank you, leave and call your mum hysterical b) Cry in the chair and things get awkward or c) Complain to the manager and demand a refund.
Not in a million years could I pull off a pixie crop, I'd be absolutely devastated! Honestly, I think I would get slightly emotional as awkward as that may be and of course I'd demand a refund.

6. Your friend surprises you with a 4 day city break and you have 1 hour to pack. Which 'do it all' palette do you pack in your makeup bag?
Initially I was thinking my Urban Decay Naked palette but for the past year I have just adored my Sleek i-Divine au natural palette which hasn't left my make up bag. It has the perfect neutral shadow selection, ideal if you want to create a natural every day look or a dramatic smoky eye.

7. Your house has been robbed, don't worry everyone is safe, but your beauty stash has been raided. What's the product you really hope is safe?
I'm going to be really boring here and say that there's nothing irreplaceable about make up. If I were to lose everything it could all easily be replaced, I personally don't own any beauty item that is particularly expensive or one of a kind. But touch wood that this never happens!

8. Your friend borrows your makeup and returns it in awful condition. Do you a) Just pretend you haven't noticed b) Ask them to repurchase it or c) Secretly do the same to something of theirs
I know any friend of mine would treat something they had borrowed from me as their own but should such a thing happen I don't think I would kick up a fuss. I'd be disappointed for sure but I tend to avoid confrontation especially if it's over something so minor.

I TAG you, my lovely readers!

Tamara x

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.