Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge

Wednesday 5 March 2014

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge - £5.99

I use Real Techniques make up brushes religiously and I honestly don't know how I ever did without them, they are of excellent quality and are so practical to use for foundation, blush, powder etc. I'm not one to use sponges to apply my foundation since my past experience with them hasn't been that great, I find that they soak up product ridiculously and in some cases can be a nightmare to clean. But, of course, my arm was pulled by all the positive feedback I'd read about the Miracle Complexion Sponge and I thought maybe, just maybe this would work for me.

This is a small, egg sized make up sponge created specifically for the application of liquid foundations to give a flawless base to your face. The rounded edges are designed to be used to help blend over larger areas of the face such as the cheeks and forehead, the flat side of the sponge focuses on contours around the eyes and nose and finally the tip is useful for smaller imperfections and blemishes. 

To my disappointment this sponge turned out to be a let down. As I expected my foundation was absorbed into the sponge instantly leaving very little for me to actually apply onto my face. I found that I was using much more foundation than I usually require compared to when I use my trusty Expert Face Brush, because so much had gone to waste. Even once I had applied my foundation I still wasn't impressed with the overall appearance of my skin and it certainly wasn't flawless, however I did notice smaller areas such as my chin and nose did look evenly covered. 

I now choose to use this to apply my liquid concealer, blending around the eyes, nose and blemishes. I think this sponge has more use for touching up small areas of the face as opposed to full face application. Although this product wasn't miraculous for me I wouldn't slate it as I have seen so many reviews from people who genuinely loved it. 


Tamara x

5 comments

  1. When using this, I put the liquid foundation on my face with my fingers and then dab it with the sponge which is so much easier and gives a lovely flawless look x
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have another attempt but honestly it just did not work for me :( I am happy enough with my Real Technique brushes anyway x

      Delete
  2. Me too. I love the brushes but didn't rate the sponge at all. I also found it just soaked up the foundation and I wasn't really impressed with the finish. But you can't love them all :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame it didn't work for you either :( x

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.