Superdrug Coconut Oil

Sunday 23 March 2014

Superdrug Coconut Oil - £2.29

I love anything Coconut and this has fast become my most reached for product. I'm constantly reading upon the wonders of Coconut oil, whether it be for cooking, using on the skin or as a hair treatment, and so I went on the hunt to get my hands on some and came across this 125ml tub available at Superdrug for just £2.29. My main intentions were to use this upon my hair as a leave in conditioner since I heard that Coconut oil was the secret behind Khloe Kardasian's gorgeous, silky locks. 

The product is solid so requires warmth to melt before using, I have found placing the tub into a bowl of hot water is the most efficient way to do so. I choose to apply the oil onto damp hair, avoiding the roots and focusing more towards the ends, I then tie my hair up in a high bun and allow the product to sink in over night. Once rinsed the next morning, my hair feels noticeably softer, looks more glossy and of course smells lovely! Do bare in mind that if too much oil is applied to the hair it can appear rather greasy despite best attempts to wash away any excess product. 

As well as using this oil as a hair treatment I have thoroughly enjoyed using it on my body, especially upon my legs after shaving. It's really soothing on the skin, leaving it wonderfully smooth throughout the day. This is suitable for all skin types and better yet has not been tested on animals.


Tamara x

4 comments

  1. I love how cheap this is! But if it's solid like a wax I worry about using them in my hair as my hair is quite fine. Is it quite easy to apply still or is it quite easy to accidentally apply to much to your hair?

    I'm also very new to blogging, if you could give my blog a quick view and possibly a follow it would be really greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

    beautyfullsparx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi jen, I think I just went a little OTT and over estimated how much I would need for my thick hair. I think it's worth giving it a try, apply as much as you feel you need to :) x

      Delete
  2. I think I'm going to give this a try x

    em // emandhan xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It's a wonderful multi-purpose product x

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.