Empties of the Month

Monday 20 January 2014

(Left to Right)

MARC JACOBS Daisy Eau de Toilette
Simply lovely, this fragrance smells as pretty as the the bottle looks. I really like Marc Jacobs perfumes and Daisy has been a delight to wear, it's a perfect everyday Spring/Summer scent. It has a fresh infusion of Jasmine and sweet Vanilla. Honestly I didn't find that it lingered on the skin as much as I'd hoped but it has lasted me a good while and I'd definitely recommend anyone to try it.
MARKS & SPENCER Comforting Shea Moisturising Body Butter
I picked this up on a whim since I don't pay much attention to the bath and beauty ranges that M&S has to offer and at the time all body butters were buy one get one free. I'd say this product is pretty average and you get what you pay for at five pounds a tub. The consistency of the lotion is a little thicker than you'd expect and takes a bit of time to melt fully into the skin. I'm not so sure I would consider these body butters in future, I much prefer to use others by The Body Shop or Boots.

LIZ EARLE Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser
Two Christmases ago I received the Holy Grail of beauty a.k.a the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish hot cloth cleanser. This has been a nice addition to my skin routine although not the revolutionary breakthrough in skincare everyone had been claiming it to be. It does remove make up in an instant and my skin was left feeling smoother but it can't be denied that I can get the same results from other products that are much more affordable and so I don't see the necessity of investing in this again. Personally I took to the Instant Boost Skin Tonic Spritzer much more and is something that I have continued to repurchase. 

THIS WORKS Energy Bank Bath and Shower Oil
I found this little wonder on one of my usual browses through TK Maxx, I bought it for just £9.99 later to find it was worth £37! This is a truly indulgent oil that can be poured into a fully drawn bath or rubbed into the skin before showering. It releases a beautiful aroma of Ylang Ylang and Patchouli into the room which I found so soothing and uplifting. The oil has lasted me a good while and is estimated to be enough for 20 baths in total. I'm not planning to repurchase the product at it's full price but I will definitely keep a look out in case I'm lucky enough to find it discounted again.


BURBERRY Body Eau de Parfum

I think I'm right in saying that this was a sample that I got in a past GlossyBox. Initially I wasn't fond of the scent and thought it would suit women of a more mature age than myself. It has a musky undertone of Vanilla and Sandalwood with a floral note of Freesia. I wouldn't put this down as an everyday scent and I only chose to wear it on occasions such as evenings out or dinner dates.


CHANEL Chance Eau de Parfum
This is a true statement fragrance which should be sitting on every girls dressing table. I received this as a gift on my 20th birthday nearly 4 years ago and it's only just reached it's last drop! Fragrances by Chanel are generally expensive but completely worth the price as they are so incredibly long lasting and are of immaculate quality. The notes of this fragrance are White musk, Jasmine and Vanilla, I feel so sophisticated and super feminine when I wear this scent. 

SOAP & GLORY Scrub 'em and Leave 'em Body Buff 
I'm appreciating Soap & Glory much more these days and I have thoroughly enjoyed using this body scrub. I used this every other day or so, particularly before self tanning to smooth the skin. It has that unmistakable S&G scent and has been developed with sea salt and Jojoba to give the skin a good old buff. The consistency isn't the most gritty but it works for me. I used this quite generously so I have got through it much too fast but next I am planning to try the Breakfast Scrub that I have heard so much about. 



Tamara x

2 comments

  1. About how long did Daisy actually last you? I have the rollerball version and it lingers on my skin longer than any other Marc Jacobs scents. I'm wondering if it would be worth it to purchase the larger version for this upcoming spring and summer. Love your blog, darling!!

    Larissa | http://adornedmuffin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Personally I like a fragrance to last from the moment I spray it to the end of the day but I didn't find this lingered from day to night. I think you should get the full sized bottle and perhaps see what you think of Daisy Eau So Fresh :) x

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.