GlossyBox: Back to Basics

Wednesday 29 January 2014


YU-BE Moisturising Skin Cream
This is a multi-use cream for dry skin and has fast become a cult product in Japan. Developed with Glycerin and Vitamins B2, C and E this cream promises to give intense hydration. This can be applied on to the face and body, however as the consistency is rather thick I much prefer using this as a hand cream especially with the bitterly cold days we've been having. The product has quite a menthol scent too it which I'm not too keen on but I have noticed an improvement to the drier areas of my skin. 

BALANCE ME Super Toning Body Wash
Balance Me isn't really my go to for bath and body products nevertheless I am happy to try more from the brand. This is a body wash for use in either the shower or in the bath and consists of  fragrant natural oils. The product is enriched with Juniper, Bergamot, Geranium and Lavender which are all unique in themselves and have complimented each other so well in this little bottle.

THE VINTAGE COSMETIC COMPANY Floral Slanted Tweezers
I have been very lazy in my search for the perfect pair of tweezers and to put it bluntly, I'm not prepared to splash out on a Tweezerman. When I saw these tweezers in this month's box, I was initially thrilled and thought my search was over! The floral design is so pretty but looks are certainly deceiving. Despite getting the job done (although an average one at that) I find these to be really harsh on my brow area and leave my skin quite irritated and sore. 

ANATOMICALS Puffy the Eye Bag Slayer Wake-up Under Eye Patches
You may know that Anatomicals is probably my least favourite skin and body care brand. Time and time again I have been disappointed with the products I have tried and on this occasion I simply had no use for these under eye patches. I understand the concept of these however I am just not in the position whereby I need them. To use these patches you must place them under the eye and wear them for 30 minutes, puffiness and dark circles should then appear to be reduced. I may donate these to my other half since he unfortunately does suffer from these issues.

VASELINE Essential Moisture Lotion
This is a pleasant, light nourishing lotion that absorbs instantly into the skin. I've enjoyed applying this after showering or bathing to lock in moisture. My skin feels so much softer after use and it is said to contain pure oat extract. This is a perfect little size for travel which is great to pop into my weekend bag or to keep in my handbag to use as a general hand moisturiser. Personally I prefer Dove body lotions so I'm not entirely sure whether I would purchase the full size of this for myself in future.


Tamara x

2 comments

  1. Seems like a pretty good box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoping this month's will be better! Have you not subscribed to GlossyBox? x

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.