Empties of the Month

Sunday 13 January 2013

(Left to Right)

ST. MORIZ Medium Instant Leg Tanning Spray
This is the second St. Moriz tanning product I have used and once again I bought it as a bargain in TK Maxx for only £3.99. I'm not the biggest fan of instant tan but it seems to have become an essential in these Winter months when I'm in need of a quick glow to perk up my dull, pale skin. Although this is a product specifically targeted for the legs I have been using this on my arms, chest and neck. It's an easy and quick way to give me a last minute tan before I need to dash out somewhere. With this being an instant tan it doesn't last at all, one use will pretty much last me that one day and so I did find myself using this more than once throughout the week. An ideal product for when you're feeling too lazy to put effort into self tanning but I would only recommend to use it for an average day rather than a night out. 

TREACLE MOON 'the raspberry kiss' Body Scrub
I was given this fruity body scrub as a Christmas gift and it smells so delicious. Treacle Moon is not a brand I'm too aware of so I can't say I know where you can purchase their products. This is a vibrantly pink, juicy scrub for the body, I did enjoy using this because it smelt so scrummy in the shower however I was disappointed with the lack of scrubbing it actually did. When using I found that the product would just pass over my skin and didn't give much of a lather. 

WELEDA Wild Rose Smoothing Night Cream
I received this little night cream sample in a beauty box some time ago now and I thought I'd get some use out of it rather than just adding it to my growing stash of neglected samples. This is a light, gentle face cream that I would apply to my face just before bedtime and it never failed to leave my skin feeling soft and cared for. It has a fresh floral fragrance and has a smooth, delicate consistency. 

URBAN DECAY 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eye liner
This eye liner was included in my Urban Decay 'Book of Shadows Vol IV', read this post for the review. I've loved using this liner; it's so simple to apply across the lid to give an intense line or cat eye flick and is incredibly durable. I'm no stranger to liquid eye liners and I'm usually quite fussy when it comes to choosing the right one for me but this one has definitely impressed and I'm gutted I've got all the use I can out of it. Despite the fact it is waterproof it isn't a nightmare to remove and I didn't find myself left with panda eyes the morning after. 

COLLECTION 2000 Primed & Ready Soothing Make Up Primer 
Again, this was a sample from a past SheSaidBeauty box, which at first I didn't give much notice until recently. This is an affordable make up primer which honestly does genuinely work and gives a satisfying result, it leaves a matte base for foundation keeping it in place for most of the day and doesn't sit heavy on the skin. I personally found better results when using this product duting Winter compared to back in late Summer when my skin was much oilier. The product itself is colourless therefore can be used upon any skin tone. 

CLINIQUE 7 Day Scrub Cream
An exfoliator is a necessity in anyones skin regime and this one by Clinique is definitely my favourite of all the ones I've tried. It is rather expensive but it's worth investing in and it has lasted me since my birthday back in May! I find this particular exfoliator has the best consistency, giving my skin a good old scrub without irritating the skin or leaving redness. Although this is a 7 day scrub I still choose to keep exfoliating my face to once or twice a week. I wouldn't say Clinique has the best skincare to offer but this product does stand out for me.


Tamara x

1 comment

  1. I LOVE the St. Moriz tanning Spray! So cheap but really effective!

    http://thegoodowl.blogspot.co.uk/
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.