Liz Earle Skincare Starter Gift

Thursday 10 January 2013


Liz Earle Skincare Starter Gift

The Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser seems to be the holy grail for most beauty gurus and many of my friends can't believe I hadn't tried it for myself. I always hesitate when it comes to investing in such costly skincare products and despite all the great reviews I have just never brought myself to purchase it. Since Christmas was approaching I thought I'd add this on to my list so I could try it once and for all and it was a joy to find it under the tree! This is the Skincare Starter Gift which consists of the all famous Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser itself along with a pure muslin cloth and the Instant Boost Skin Tonic Spritzer.


My skin has been misbehaving terribly this Winter so I had high hopes that this set will give my face some TLC for the New Year and of course I was eager to try the Cleanse & Polish first. This product is applied onto dry skin and massaged well around the face and neck then using the muslin cloth soaked with hot water it is removed gently and the face is rinsed with cold water to finish.

I must admit the consistency of the product didn't meet my expectations I had always assumed the product would have a gritty texture to it, much like an exfoliator, to polish the skin. Instead the product is creamy with cocoa butter which comforts the my face so well when applied and it doesn't sit heavy on the skin, it also has a delightful fragrance of Rosemary and Chamomile. After only the first few uses I have definitely noticed an improvement to my skin, it feels so much softer and my skin tone has definitely evened and appears less dull. My issue with spots, however, has not been completely resolved so unfortunately I still have the burden of problematic skin although at a much smaller scale. It is suggested that this product is to be used daily and both morning and night however I choose to use it at night only, after taking my make up off. I often find when I use a particular skin care product too often, my skin will become too familiar with it and therefore will begin to reject the benefits which is why I have chosen not to use this cleanser so regularly. 


The Instant Boost Skin Tonic Spritzer is created to revitalise the skin, leaving it toned and soothed. This is to be used after the Cleanse & Polish however I like to spray it over my face occasionally throughout the day if I'm in need of a quick hydration boost. Developed with cooling Cucumber, organic Aloe Vera and enriched with Vitamin E this is a wonderfully light product that gives you the impression that your giving your skin a real treat and it smells so lovely. This is only a small 30ml size and it probably won't last me through the year but I will definitely consider purchasing it again because it does give genuine results as promised.  

Overall I am extremely satisfied with these two products and I do regret not having tried them a lot sooner! Every use is like a pamper session for the skin and unlike any other skin care I have ever used before it has made a dramatic difference to my regular routine. It's only the first month of 2013 and for me Liz Earle has certainly made a great first impression.


Tamara x

2 comments

  1. Lovely!
    Nice blog you have dear ♥
    Check out mine sometime if you'd like ♥
    AIMEROSE

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.