Top 12 of 2012

Thursday 3 January 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR BEAUTIES!

I thought I'd start with my first post of the year by reflecting on my favourite/most used products of 2012. Throughout the year I came across so many fantastic make up, skin care and hair care products that it was so difficult to break it down to such a small selection but here are my chosen top 12...

(Left to Right)
Sleek Make-up i-Divine au natural palette | Real Techniques make up brushes | No 7 Beautiful Skin Foaming Cleanser for normal/oily skin | Benefit POREfessional | Essie Nail Polish 'Geranium'| Benefit 'They're Real!' mascara | Sanctuary Spa Mela Body Butter | L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream | Organix Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil Weightless Reviving Dry Oil | Jemma Kidd Perfect Tan Bronzing Trio | Ginvera Green Tea Nude Cover BB Cream | Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover


1. Although I only just received the Sleek Make-up i-Divine au natural palette back in December it has so easily become an all time favourite of mine so much so that I have been using it everyday. The palette has 12 beautiful earthy/metallic tones which all seem to compliment my eye colour perfectly, all can be used to create natural or dramatic smoky eye looks.

2. I couldn't resist investing in the brushes by Real Techniques since almost every beauty guru I follow uses them and praises them endlessly, admittedly I only have these three shown but I do plan to expand my collection till it is complete. All brushes have such soft bristles that don't cause any agitation when applying product to the skin, they are also incredibly easy to clean.

3. With my oily skin such a nightmare to tame it was a relief to come across the Beautiful Skin care range for normal/oily skin by No 7 at Boots. This particular product has been a delight to use, it refreshes my skin, removes make up really well and better yet it's affordable at only £9. 

4. Benefit's POREfessional was another favourite of mine in 2012 although I didn't get to use it as often as I'd wish to simply because it's on the costly side and isn't something I can afford to regularly buy. This product minimises the appearance of my pores and leaves a matte finish on my skin creating a great base for my foundation. 

5. I always like to experiment with my nails but there are some times when I just want to wear a simple red and this shade by Essie has found itself on my nails many times through the year. This is a bright red with a somewhat orange undertone and is wearable in any season but I must say it does look it's best when worn with a tan. The product is durable and easy to remove. 

6. I'm not quite sure why I didn't purchase this mascara sooner because it is genuinely a great product! 'They're Real!' by Benefit gives my lashes amazing length and definition without clumps. This mascara doesn't have the big chunky brush that I usually prefer however it's designed to comb through the lashes even the smallest ones in the corners of your eyes. One major con about this product, it is HELL to remove. 

7. Sanctuary Spa have some lovely body butters but this one has to be my favourite of the lot. The Mela range in general is heavenly, with scents of Rose and Pistachio, this body butter is a real indulgent treat for the skin leaving it smooth and cared for. This is a generously sized tub and has lasted me for most of the year!

8. For Christmas 2011, I bought my mum a L'Occitane gift set which included this very hand cream and I often found myself taking a sneaky squeeze of it because it smells so good! I finally got one for myself in October and it has since been a nourishing treat for my hands. 

9. During the Summer of last year I fell n love with the Organix Moroccan Argan Oil hair care range, this is the Weightless Reviving Dry Oil  which I have been using almost everyday without fail. It has such a gorgeous scent and leaves my hair feeling soft and shiny, I use this on damp/towel dry hair before styling.

10. Prior to purchasing this product I hadn't owned anything by Jemma Kidd but I found this treasure in TK Maxx for only £4.99 and it hasn't left my make up bag since. This is a compact bronzer consisting of three warm shades that give my cheeks a much needed glow giving a rosy yet sun kissed appearance. I love how the product is buildable and blends so well onto my face.

11. I've tried a fair share of BB creams and many have been a disappointment, leaving my skin greasy or even resulting in a breakout. I got a sample of this Ginvera BB cream in a beauty box and to my surprise I instantly adored it. This product is suitable for all skin types and skin tones giving a natural healthy look to the skin with good coverage, ideal for days when I don't want to weigh my skin with make up. It also has a lovely scent however it does come at a ridiculous price of £20 and is only purchasable on-line. 

12. This is another product that I only recently received but I just had to include it in my top 12 as it is such a brilliant product idea. Nail varnish is removed in seconds by simply dipping each finger into the sponge filled tub, eliminating the fuss of using cotton wool. 


What were your top products of last year?

Tamara x

17 comments

  1. my 100%natural face cream!!!



    xoxo from rome
    K.
    kcomekarolina.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey sweetie
    I just found your blog and I really love it!
    nice post and amazing photos!
    check my blog if you want and JOIN MY INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY!
    xoxo

    www.fashionrailways.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that palette! Such gorg colors!
    :)
    alainanaina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is beautiful, I want to try more palettes by Sleek! thank you for reading x

      Delete
  4. Love those brushes, need to get some for myself!
    Your blog is great too, going back to check out past posts now!
    Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin'??

    Kendra
    xx

    www.stoleninspiration.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for checking out my blog Kendra, I'm now following your blog!
      x

      Delete
  5. Really adore real techniques brushes and that essie polish is a fab colour! Great post

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great favourites! I love the essie nail polishes! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy new year dear!!

    xoxo
    www.its-dash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep hearing and reading such good things about sleek makeup and real techniques brushes- I really must buy some! I haven't tried Porefessional yet, but I LOVE Benefit's That Gal which is similar so I may give that a go too! Great post, love seeing people's favourite products, get some great ideas from them!
    Rosy x
    http://rostinted.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Rosy :) and happy new year

      You definitely must try the real techniques brushes, I'd recommend the expert brush and blush brush!

      x

      Delete
  9. wow thanks so much Rosy :)
    so please you regularly read my blog x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have horrendously oily skin, so I'm so tempted by that No7 cleanser! I'm currently using the moisturisers from the same range :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This No 7 range does genuinely work, so definitely give it a try :)
      thanks for reading x

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.