GlossyBox: Detox Box

Wednesday 23 January 2013

With 2013 just getting started it's certainly the right time to get your beauty regime in tact for the new year. This months GlossyBox has been filled with all the necessary products you will need to give your skin, hair and body the ultimate detox this January and here is what I received..




ELEMIS FRESH SKIN Skin Glow Exfoliator
I've only ever used two products by Elemis and both times I wasn't overly satisfied however this product seemed to be more promising. I've recently used up my favourite exfoliator and so I was in need of a replacement and this skin glow exfoliating skin wash couldn't have come at a better time. This is a small sample size ideal for keeping in a travel bag or perfect for a small gift. This product has a pleasant, fruity fragrance and is the right consistency for my liking with plenty of Jojoba beads to scrub my skin well. Although this is a good exfoliator it still doesn't compare to my favourite by Clinique so I doubt I would ever invest in the full sized product. 

DUCK ISLAND LIMITED Body Lotion
My collection of body lotions has grown beyond ridiculous so when I found yet another one in this months box I wasn't exactly thrilled. This lotion is scented with Mandarin and Bergamot but on first impressions smells rather like a bathroom cleaning product as it has a very distinctive fresh, citrus fragrance. I found that if too much of the product was applied on the body it didn't absorb into the skin very well and instead made my skin look white and pasty much like when you over do it with the sun cream on holiday. I'd say this product was OK and I won't let it go to waste however overall it's not at all fantastic. 

JASON Lips Bee Healthier
This is an average lip balm, it does the job but it's nothing special although I was quite  pleased to see that it consisted of natural ingredients. My chapped lips are soothed with Beeswax and Aloe Vera along with Vitamin E, and Green Tea. The product has a tasteful scent of Peppermint and Shea Butter. 

MONU Aromatic Mask
I was introduced to Monu through beauty box samples and each time I  have received a product I'm always left impressed so I was keen to try this aromatic facial mask. Once applied the mask begins to warm to insure the vitamins and minerals within are fully absorbed. The consistency is divinely smooth and although this is a clay based mask it doesn't dry so I would avoid using this particular mask whilst in the bath as any splash of water will remove the product instantly. After 10-15 minutes the mask is ready to be removed, I found after rinsing there seemed to be residue left on my skin and it took another rinse to insure my face was thoroughly washed. The product has a soft scent of Lavender and is enriched with Coconut oil leaving my skin feeling softer and nourished. 

PREMAE SKINCARE Balance Rescue Face Tonique 
After years of neglect I have finally stopped turning my nose up at toners, I never really thought they'd work for me but I was so wrong. I was eager to try this toner by Premae Skincare as it promises to rejuvenate the skin with Lemongrass and Sandalwood oils which are both natural antiseptics. I have quite problematic skin, it's generally oily although I do have dry days and this product targets combination skin. I have been using this every night after I have removed all my make up, applying with cotton pads and working around my face. All excess make up, dirt and oil is removed instantly and my skin definitely feels much more cleansed. 


Tamara x

5 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your lovely feedback on our Premae Balance Rescue Face Tonique. Glad you've enjoed the benfits of our pure Alcohol/SLS/ Glycerin- free natural solution. Clare Eluka, CEO Premae Skincare x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem at all, thank you for reading :) it's been a pleasure using this product! x

      Delete
  3. I was really disappointed with my Glossy box - so I cancelled and resubscribed to Birch box (it was jolie box) and it is so much better, in my opinion x


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh really, maybe I will consider Birch box some time soon, thanks for reading :) x

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.