Oh! You're Making Me Blush

Monday 20 February 2012

I thought I'd share with you my most recent make up buys, specifically blushers. Since spring is soon approaching I wanted to find a good blush to keep my cheeks rosy in these dull, grey days and wearing bronzer is just not a good look unless you have sun kissed skin. You must be careful not to go OTT with blusher as you will just end up looking like a baby doll so I always opt for subtle shades of either plum or peach which are easy to blend and don't make me look overly made up. Up till recently I have been using Max Factor's Miracle Touch Creamy Blush (6.99 each) in shade 14 'Soft Pink, it isn't a no go but I personally prefer powder blushers as I find them easier to blend into my cheeks with no chance of streaks. And so, with all my powder blushers used up, I searched to find a few replacements at affordable prices.



Benefit 'Hervana' -£23.50

I've always been satisfied with blushers by Benefit so I was rather excited when 'Hervana' was launched recently. As I mentioned in my previous post, Benefit Hervana Spa Event, this new powder blush consists of four shades to either blend together for your cheeks, use individually for your eyes AND can even be applied to your lips! I really love the colours in this blush, they compliment each other perfectly and aren't overpowering on my face. The product comes with a little angled blush brush but I prefer to use my Models Own Powder Brush to when applying. 


(LEFT TO RIGHT)
Shades: 'Divine Peach', 'Heavenly Rose', 'Berry Delight' and 'Lucky Shell'

Having a blush with a variety of shades is definitely a must have. This product reminded me of 'Sugarbomb' also by Benefit which again has four shades and gives a great finish to your cheeks, a powder blush I would highly recommend along with the 'Hoola' bronzing powder, both priced at £23.50. 



MAC Sheertone Blush - £11.50
MAC Powder Blush - £11.50

As I don't really have the funds to splurge on many high end beauty products I tend to search for them at discount prices or in sales. I love a good bargain, BOGOF deals, half price, 3 for 2 you name it, I never make a purchase without price comparing. I'm making more use of discount beauty sites to buy my make up and skin care and better yet most of them have free delivery! I purchased these two blushers by MAC for £11.50 from their regular retail price of £17.50 each from cheapsmells.com which are currently offering an extra 20% off -discount code MAC20- for all MAC products. I got two to compare shades and I've never actually bought a MAC product in my lifetime so I reckon I should start somewhere, right? 


(LEFT TO RIGHT)
Shades: 'Peaches' and 'Desert Rose' 

I was really pleased with the quantity of these blushers, I hate when I spend loads on teeny tiny products and feel I haven't got what I've paid for. The shades, admittedly, weren't exactly as I had viewed them online but that's always the risk when buying over the internet, however they weren't a waste of money at all. The sheertone blush was much more orange than 'Peaches', I only applied a little amount of the product at a time to build up to my preferred amount as I didn't want to look tangoed but I think this shade will grow on me nevertheless.The 'Desert Rose' appeared more of a plum shade online but is actually a deep rose and I actually really like it. It can be heavy on the face if you were to apply too much of the product so I use minimal amounts and blend well to give a more natural tint to my cheeks. 


Tamara x

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.