Your Body is a Temple

Friday 3 February 2012

I spend so much time fussing over my face that I forget how little I take care of my body, even a friend was stunned when I revealed how I barely moisturise my skin after bathing...and so I figured maybe it was time to make more of an effort to treat and pamper myself. Can't complain really. As much as I wanted to over indulge, I was on a budget and needed to find the perfect products at a small price and I always know that I can find everything I need in my nearest Boots store. 



(LEFT TO RIGHT)

Sanctuary Mela Rose & Pistachio Body Butter - £9.18
FREE GIFT :)
Sanctuary Moisture Boosting Mask - £2.03

I absolutely ADORE this body butter! It's the first time I have bought it for myself but about a year ago I got one for my mum and fell in love with it. This is a tub of pure luxury and is well worth buying. Not only does it have the most amazing scent but it leaves my skin silky smooth and I will now use it religiously after every bath and shower. I literally can't stop opening the tub just to smell it, it's that lovely. You do get a generous amount of the product so I know this will last me a good while. The Sanctuary Mela Amber & Tamarind Bath Nectar is also just as heavenly, it makes baths so bubbly and smells gorgeous. I would buy it more often but for a bubble bath it's quite costly at £6.89 for a single 250ml bottle. 

Since the temperature has become so bitterly low this past month, I have noticed how dry my t-zone has become despite my skin being regularly oily, so as I needed to spend over £10 to claim my free gift and wanted a quick moisture fix, I grabbed a sachet of the Sanctuary Moisture Boosting Mask. There are a selection of masks to choose from the Sanctuary Spa range even hair masks that leave your locks luscious and sachets of salt scrubs to keep your body smooth and refined. This boosting mask, however, is created to give radiance as well as moisture to revive your skin when its at its dullest. I decided to give my skin a day to 'breathe' this week and this was a chance to give this product a try. Although it's a dear 15ml sachet, I only needed a thin layer so I reckon could be stretched out over a number of uses. The mask only needs around 10 minutes on your face but it is optional to leave it on over night and wash off in the morning which I may have a go of myself next time I need a natural glow in my cheeks. 

The product itself is light, easy to apply and instantly makes the skin feel fresh. I left it on a little longer than I was intending but this didn't effect how easy it was to wash off. My skin did feel smoother and more rejuvenated and my t-zone has lost its dryness. 


Free Spa Escape Gift (worth £10)

Currently Boots have a brilliant offer on the Sanctuary Spa range, all you need to do is spend £10 or more and you will receive this Spa Escape gift completely free. The gift consists of a travel sized 50ml Body Scrub, Moisture Rich Foot Butter, Luxury Bath Float and Body Butter which each retail for around £2.40*


Body Scrub

This is a real treat in the shower. It exfoliates my skin thoroughly and like pretty much all of Sanctuary's products, smells divine. The product itself is enriched with orange oil and patchouli which are a great combination.

Moisture Rich Foot Butter 


I don't look after my feet as well as I should so I have been using this after bath times along with my Mela body butter so that I am moisturised from head to toe. This butter is a treatment to help nourish and soothe the dryness of feet using various oils such as almond, tea tree and lavender as well as chamomile and aloe extracts. These all give the product a delightfully fresh scent. 


Luxury Bath Float

Much like the Sanctuary Mela Amber & Tamarind Bath Nectar I previously mentioned, this makes the bubbliest of baths and has a relaxing aroma, ideal for when you need to de-stress or just simply want to chill out after a long day. 


Body Butter

I will probably use this on over night stays or to save to take on holiday (if I can ever bloody afford one) rather than wait for my Mela body butter to finish before I can make use of it. Again, although it does appear rather small there is a lasting amount of product inside the tub. Both cocoa butter and shea butter are in the ingredients so I may occasionally use this as a hand cream as it leaves my skin soft and moisturised. 

Go on treat yourselves, your body is a temple!


Tamara x

1 comment

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.