Makeup Academy Pro-Base Prime & Conceal Powder

Sunday 16 November 2014

Makeup Academy Pro-Base Prime & Conceal Powder - £4.00

I have never taken much notice of Makeup Academy, I usually skip past and browse my regular drugstore favourites, but on a recent visit to Superdrug I had a sudden change of heart when I came across this product. This is the Pro-Base Prime & Conceal powder and as you can see it's very unique in appearance, that's because it is a colour correcter where by each shade has a different purpose to ultimately even out your skin tone. This product reminded me of the Studio Corrective Concealer by E.L.F cosmetics, which I have always wanted to try so I thought I would give this a go. 

The powder can be used alone on the face or buffed all over on top of your make up and is divided into four colours. Green counteracts redness in the skin, purple disguises dullness and both yellow and peach balances out dark circles. Although I choose to apply this all over the face I do like to use a smaller brush to focus on particular areas that need a little more attention. To brighten my eyes I'll pat on the peach shade to blend and set my concealer and if I have a blemish I take a small bit of green and carefully dust it over for added coverage. 

I think this is a really useful product, especially when my skin has been quite bland in this colder weather and better yet it is extremely affordable!


Tamara x


2 comments

  1. Sounds pretty good. I will have to try it out :) x
    http://insaneaboutmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.