How to: Kylie Jenner lip with Rimmel

Saturday 8 November 2014

Rimmel London Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Liners - £3.99 each

The current obsession with Kylie Jenner's lips has gone viral, with so many of us attempting to recreate her plump 90's pout. Despite the speculation that she's had filler injections, big sister Kim has confirmed that it is nothing more than lip liner and skill. After endlessly glaring over Kylie's Instagram, I took it upon myself to give this look a try. I've always longed for my lips to have a natural plump and I was excited to see if her 'over lined' trick really worked.

Apparently Kylie uses MAC lip pencils in shades 'Whirl' and 'Soar'and doesn't choose to apply a lipstick or gloss. For me, MAC isn't exactly affordable and with each pencil costing £12.50, I went on the hunt to find cheaper high-street alternatives.

I recently watched Corrie's video where she recreated the look, she suggested using Rimmel's 1000 Kisses pencil liner in 'Spice' however I found this to be much too peachy in colour so I settled on these two Exaggerate lip liners in shades 063 'Eastend Snob' and 018 'Addiction' which are more nude in appearance.

To start I carefully over-lined my lips, slightly outside of my natural lip line, using the darkest shade of the two. I then went around a second time going further out, making sure the line matched the natural shape of my lips. It becomes a little tricky going over the Cupid's bow, so make sure to apply slowly. Once I had my outline I used the lighter, pink shade to fill in my lips, giving them an all over colour. I also took the same colour over the initial liner to blend the two shades and to reduce the contrast. To give the top lip that little extra 'oomph' I repeated the process until I was happy with it. For added definition I applied a small amount of concealer around the lips using a thin brush to make the lips look even fuller. And here is the finished look:


I'm really pleased with how this turned out, considering it was my first attempt. My top lip is much more in proportion with my bottom lip and my pout is so much fuller. I'm not sure if I'm courageous enough to sport this lip day to day just yet but I think this would look amazing for a night out.

If you're planning to create this lip yourself, I'd recommend to use a hand held mirror so that you can get close enough to create lines with precision, also make sure to angle the mirror so that you are almost looking down onto it. I find this really helped me to determine the full shape of my lips rather than looking straight forward. Apply Vaseline beforehand, should you feel the liner is too drying. You don't necessarily have to go for 90's nudes to create this look, Kylie uses the same technique regardless of what colour she wears.

Tamara x

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.