SheSaidBeauty December Box

Friday 14 December 2012

I'm really gutted that this is the last box SheSaidBeauty will be distributing to subscribers as they have come to the decision to end their monthly Beauty Box service. Instead the focus will be the SheSaidBeauty website itself to make it the UK's leading social network for beauty. 

Considering that this is the December and final edition I did expect the box to have a more special and festive touch to it but nevertheless I was happy with what I received...



BOURJOIS Magic Nail Polish Remover

I've seen this product mentioned by all my favourite beauty bloggers and have heard good feedback but still to this day I have not got round to buying it for myself. Retailed at £4.99 I've always thought that was a little pricey considering you can get just as good results from cotton wool and an inexpensive polish remover for half the price. I was pleased to see that this is a full sized sample so should last me a good while, trusting that it doesn't dry out. I couldn't ignore the strong, potent fragrance of the product when opening it, it's quite in your face and I have found myself having to use it at a distance. The scent is described as red fruit and vanilla which I did notice however it doesn't come across straight away. My nails feel really nourished and cared for once I have used the product and nearly all of my polish was removed in a matter of seconds. I may contemplate purchasing this in future but most likely if it was on offer. 

ORICO Superico Vitamin Rich Face Oil

My skin has really been misbehaving this Winter, it looks so lifeless and has had a few dry spells. This vitamin rich face oil promises to rehydrate skin straight away with essences of Jojoba, Patchouli, Bergamot and Lavender. There weren't any directions on how to apply the product but I have been applying it to the face after a hot bath just before bed for a little skin pampering. It appears to be a dry oil as it doesn't grease my face and sinks in well into the skin. 

DR DUVE Anti Ageing + Firming eye cream

At 22 years of age I can't say I have any issues with puffy eyes or wrinkles and touch wood I won't any time soon. I have been using this eye cream since there's no reason it should go to waste, it has a pleasant scent and doesn't sit heavy on the skin.

TECHNIC Nail Varnish in Tawny Port

I'm always welcome to try a new nail varnish and Technic is a brand I'm not yet aware of. 'Tawny Port' is a deep purple shade better suited to wear this season so I have been wearing it for the past couple of days and have really taken to it, although it does make my hands look a little on the pale side. The varnish appears to be durable and two coats give a perfect result. This is a full sized sample which regularly retails at £1.25, a great bargain!

DR DUVE Skin Boosting Cream

This particular face cream has been developed for sensitive skin aiming to firm, rejuvenate and soothe. The cream is gentle and has a similar scent to the eye cream and feels lovely on my face however it doesn't leave a matte finish which doesn't suit well with my oily skin. A full sized tub will set you back a ridiculous £129.00 and I'm certainly not prepared to invest in to it as there are plenty other affordable products that give just as good results. 

AMIE Spring Clean Cooling Clay Mask

I received this face mask in my September SheSaidBeauty box  and thoroughly enjoyed it. This clay mask refreshes and cleanses the skin an has a cooling and calming scent of peppermint. After 10 minutes my skin feels much softer and cared for and I would suggest to use once a week to avoid drying out the skin.

JING Whole Leaf Teabags

When it comes to tea I've got to have a good old standard cuppa! I'm not keen on flavoured teas but I really wish that I was since there's so much variety out there. Although I like the smell of brewing Earl Grey I can't say I like the taste so unfortunately I won't use these. 


Tamara x

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.