25 MORE facts about me!

Friday 15 May 2015

1. I am 25 years old today!

2. Taurus is my star sign and I am as stubborn as a Bull.

3. Last Summer I began Brazilian Samba dance classes and I am now at an intermediate level.

4. I used to absolutely hate olives, mushrooms and avocados but now I LOVE them.

5. All my life I have wanted two older sisters.

6. Gael Garcia Bernal circa 2005...yes please.

7. I'm hoping to get my first tattoo this year.

8. My favourite band is The Strokes and I finally get to see them this June!

9. I can't burp?

10. Since Primary school I have had a lump in my middle finger from holding my pen too hard when I write.

11. I'm obsessed with anything Coconut flavoured/scented but I don't like Coconut itself.

12. Astronomy fascinates me and I wish I knew more about the Universe.

13. One day I hope to have a little girl and I already have a name for her :)

14. The Walking Dead is my favourite T.V series.

15. I don't like my surname but other people do.

16. I prefer speaking to someone in person rather than over the phone because I like to see their true expression.

17. When it comes to ordering a drink I much prefer a cold beer to a glass of wine.

18. I annoy people with my obsessive cleanliness, if you make a mess I'm not having it.

19. I love eating out and discovering new restaurants, I'm a total foodie.

20. I've always had an interest in Ancient history, especially Greek mythology and the Egyptians.

21. Sudoku relaxes me.

22. I like my cup of tea with the bag left in.

23. I have a weird thing about eating cake at room temperature, I much prefer it chilled.

24. I lip sync most of an episode of Friends each time I watch one.

25. My parents chose my name after visiting the River Tamar, which by legend was named after the nymph known as Tamara.



Tamara x

3 comments

  1. Im late but happy birthday!!! I also love the strokes and twd and like my tea with the tea bag in it. Hope you had a great birthday, best wishes! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the birthday wishes! Looks like we have a few things in common :) x

      Delete
  2. THE LEGEND OF TAMARA

    THE lovely nymph Tamara was born in a cavern. Although her parents were spirits of the earth, the child loved the light of day. Often had they chided her for yielding to her desires and visiting the upper world; and often had they warned her against the consequences which would probably arise from her neglect of their advice.

    The giants of the moors were to be feared; and it was from these that the earth spirits desired to protect their child.

    Tamara--beautiful, young, heedless--never lost an opportunity of looking on the glorious sun. Two sons of Dartmoor giants--Tavy and Tawrage--had seen the fair maid, and longed to possess her. Long was their toil, and the wild maiden often led them over mountain and moor in playful chase.

    Under a bush in Morewinstow, one day, both Tavy and Tawrage came upon Tamara. They resolved now to compel her to declare upon which of them her choice should fall. The young men used every persuasion, and called her by every endearing name. Her parents had missed Tamara, and they sought and found her seated between the sons of the giants whom they hated. The gnome father caused a deep sleep to fall on the eyes of Tavy and Tawrage, and then he endeavoured to persuade his daughter to return to his subterranean cell.

    Tamara would not leave her lovers. In his rage the gnome cursed his daughter, and, by the might of his curse, changed her into a river, which should flow on for ever to the salt sea. The lovely Tamara dissolved in tears, and as a crystal stream of exceeding beauty the waters glided onward to the ocean

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.