GlossyBox: The Festival Box

Monday 30 July 2012




BEX LONDON Londoner Urban Fragrance 
This fragrance isn't really to my taste; I found it to be a little too masculine and could easily be mistaken for an aftershave. I've actually given the sample to my boyfriend who has appreciated it much more than I did, not to say I don't like the fragrance; I just prefer it on my other half.

PAUL MITCHELL Awapuhi Moisture Mist
With the humid heat we've had the past few weeks I'm certain this product will come in handy. This is a light, refreshing spray which can be applied to both the hair and skin and gives a cool moisture burst throughout the day. The fragrance is very faint and the product itself is weightless on the skin. I've been spritzing this on the dry ends of my hair and will most likely use it on my face out in the sun...if it ever gets scorching again. 

MONU Night Renewal Complex
I've received a Monu product in a past GlossyBox which I really took a liking to so I was hoping I'd be impressed with this second sample. Sadly I was left disappointed, after a single use my face was left feeling rather oily which wouldn't be a problem if I wasn't already cursed with an oily complexion. I almost felt the need to wash the cream off to get rid of the greasy texture that had been left on my face. It'd be a shame to waste this product so I will hang on to it for the meantime. 

JELLY PONG PONG COSMETICS Lip Frosting
I don't get terribly excited when I find lip products in my beauty boxes simply because I have so many its ridiculous and I never find the chance to use them all. This is a cream lip gloss in shade 'Irish Cream Pavlova' - a berry pink which adds an instant pop of colour and can even be applied on to your cheeks. I'm more of a peachy pink kind of girl but I'm sure I'll give this colour a chance.  

NUXE Huile Prodigieuse
This oil is really lovely; it has a delightful scent and feels lush on my skin. Once applied I felt that my skin was nourished and the product didn’t leave a greasy residue. Not so sure if I would use it on my hair and with the bottle being so small I will need to use the product sparingly as I'm not exactly prepared to spend £17 for a full size sample. 

ELIZABETH ARDEN Visible Difference
I haven't actually made use of any of the three sachets that I received yet considering I got the normal/combination skin option I'm a little unsure of how they will settle with my oily skin. I'll save these for the odd emergency or I suppose they are a perfect travel size for holidays and overnight stays.


Tamara x

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.