Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol IV

Saturday 21 July 2012

As you may or may not know I do love a good bargain so obviously I couldn't turn down this amazing beauty deal on Groupon that I purchased at the end of last month. The offer was for the Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol IV available for £29.99 instead of £59.99, for a saving of 50% how could have I refused? This is a limited edition make up palette with 16 unique shades of shadow and in addition a full sized 24/7 waterproof liquid eye liner, a travel size eyes hadow Primer Potion and Supercurl Curling mascara. Along with the pleasing price I decided to get this product as I've realised I need to start experimenting more with my make up. I always seem to be using the same old earthy, metallic shades from my Urban Decay Naked palette (which I still adore) and never seem to dare trying other colours. I have light brown eyes so I'm very limited to what suits me which is why I tend to keep safe with browns and smoky tones so I had high hopes that the Book of Shadows would introduce me to new colours to create different looks.

The palette came in this utterly gorgeous box, I absolutely love the colours and inside is a mirror and  sweet little pop out butterflies, this product is perfect for i-Phone/Pod owners as it includes a portable speaker and a nifty little holder. The idea is to watch how-to-videos via an app while you apply your make up, making use of all the shadows to create the latest looks.




I have began to try these shades out one by one, but since I've been so busy working, I've not had a great deal of time to test and create looks for my eyes. Most of the colours I wouldn't ever have given a chance before hand, for example shades 'Hijack' and 'Crystal' are blue/greyish tones which I would consider to suit blue eyes better and the lighter shades like 'Skimp' and 'Zephyr' I think would look better on those with darker skin. I've taken a liking to 'Cobra', 'Baked' and 'Lost' but that would be falling into old habits if I choose to use those colours regularly as they are all typically earthy and metallic. I found 'Sin' to leave quite a bit of fall out on my face so had to wipe off patches of excess glitter. All these shadows look too lovely to ignore so I am going to try my best to make use of every single one..eventually.


The 24/7 waterproof eye liner is durable and gives a defined line however I much prefer a pen like applicator and found this one to be a little too thin and delicate for my liking. I was impressed with the length and definition that Supercurl Curling mascara adds to my lashes and  I have been using it most days. I'm a little lazy when it comes to using primer and yet I always complain when I find that my eye shadow has faded throughout the day so I'm going to make more of an effort now that I have this new tube of the Primer Potion. Admittedly I have yet to give the speakers ago although I have heard from a friend that they aren't exactly good.


Tamara x

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.