GlossyBox: The Harrods Edition

Tuesday 20 March 2012

Last Monday I was gutted to find that I'd missed the postman with my March GlossyBox and with no time to collect it all week I had to wait impatiently till I could dash to the post office and get my mitts on it. I've been anxiously anticipating to see what treasures I will find in my box this month, especially since it's the Harrods edition, I was rather excited. As I expected the packaging was very sophisticated,entailing with the quality that Harrods never fails to deliver. I was hoping to find YSL and Burberry in my box, but I seemed to have missed out..boo..however I am very much impressed with what I did manage to get. 




VERSACE Vanitas Versace Eau De Parfum

Despite being a small sample this is still a little bottle of luxury. I have never owned anything Versace so this was quite a treat. As much as I wish I could afford to regularly purchase perfumes I still like to try and be aware of the latest scents and discover new personal favourites. Vanitas Versace has a delicate yet rich floral aroma with a very light zest of lime and smells simply divine. I will most likely be saving this for special occasions as it's just too lovely to waste.

BLISS Blood Orange and White Pepper Body Butter

I'm getting through so many body butters at the moment so I'd rather save this one by Bliss for when I'm in need. This has a gorgeous smell of orange that really wakes up the senses and deeply moisturises my skin leaving it beautifully soft. I find that citrus scent based skin products are best used in summer and I think this body butter in particular will refresh skin after a long day in summer heat. Perfect as a holiday essential.

REVIVE Intensite Creme Lustre SPF30

Finding the perfect moisturiser has been a mission for me, I've still yet to find one I can settle down with and right now this little gem seems to be winning me over. This is an intense firming moisturising cream which targets sagging skin, although I don't have issues with wrinkles just yet it's always best to be prepared! What stands out for me about this moisturiser, is how soft it leaves my skin and how light it is when applying as there is nothing worse than a face cream which just sits heavy on your skin. It's recommended to apply in the mornings after cleansing and toning but I choose to use it at night time just before bed.

LANCOME Teint Miracle

This foundation is no stranger to me as it was my preference for nearly two years until I fell for Lancome's Teint Idole Ultra foundation. The Teint Miracle gives good coverage, however it's not long lasting and does require touch ups. I actually received the product in my shade - 03 Beige Diaphane - which is convenient for when I'm running low or need an emergency quick fix. I would recommend this foundation although it comes 2nd place on my rank behind Teint Idole Ultra which I would urge you to try as well.

CLARINS Extra-Firming Body Cream 

Again this is another brand that I have not yet had any experience with, despite regularly hearing good words about it. I guess it all comes down to being able to afford a brand so high end. This body cream aims to restore the elasticity in the skin so a key area which I will be using this product will be the back of my thighs where I have been burdened with cellulite. I'm keen to see how well this works compared to my regular choice of body firming - Nivea's Goodbye Cellulite 10 Day Serum which I cannot live without!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.