STREET FOOD: BUN HOUSE

Thursday 25 August 2022

Bun House
26-27 Lisle St, London WC2H 7BA

This place has been on my 'go to' list for the longest time and today I finally got to savour some steamy buns. Located in the heart of West End's Chinatown, Bun House is a popular spot for its signature Cantonese buns. You will often find crowds of people queuing for a taste of this traditional delicacy and word on the street is, they're entirely worth the wait. 

I arrived at a quiet time and managed to get myself a seat inside. The decor of the restaurant is like a traditional tea house, with narrow staircases and small, intimate rooms. As you walk in, you can watch how the buns are freshly prepared and steamed, they're served fast and hot so perfect for on the go eats. I tried the pork belly and the beef buns which were both absolutely delicious but I hear the custard bun is a must - a note for next time!

Bun House are best known for creating adorable, seasonal buns for occasions like Easter, Pride Month and Halloween.

Tamara x

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.