LUXURY TOM SAVANO TRAVEL-INSPIRED COCKTAILS

Tuesday 2 February 2021


January always feels like the longest month of the year and this time it seemed even longer since I was going dry. But what better way to end Dry Jan than with a selection of luxury cocktails.

Tom Savano cocktails are hand crafted and delivered to your door step. There are a range of cocktails to choose from and all of them have been inspired by travel destinations from around the world with a story behind each recipe. From the Amalfi coast to the shores of the Caribbean, these cocktails take you on journey of flavour. I had the pleasure of tasting three cocktails; Mai Tai, Lychee Martini and Margarita.


The Mai Tai is a blend of exotic notes with Caribbean and Hawaiian character. This recipe is made up of four craft rums, the warmth of Creole Shrubb and the fresh, zest of lime. Mint leaves and plenty of ice makes the perfect serve but I chose to go with a garnish of dried orange. Rum is one of my favourite spirits but this cocktail certainly packs a punch. It reminded me of the rum based cocktails I sipped on in Barbados - very, very strong.


The Lychee Martini is an aromatic cocktail. Lychee, English elderflower vodka and Italian vermouths have been combined to create this fresh and fragrant serve. I'm not the biggest fan of vermouth and I didn't take to the floral flavours, so I would say this was my least favourite of the three.


Tequila based cocktails are my go to, so I was excited to try the Margarita. This gold winning cocktail is a blend of reposado tequila and lime with Mexican character. I enjoyed this with plenty of ice in tumbler rimmed with Himalayan pink salt. As with the other serves, I found this cocktail far too strong but eased the strength with a top up of soda water.

These cocktails make a great addition to my at home bar. Having them pre-mixed saves me the time and effort of creating them myself. I would however, recommend to mix these with soda water or ginger beer - depending on the cocktail. I found the strength overpowering and they were much more enjoyable with a top up.

Thank you @hype_experiences_london for arranging this media box delivery from Tom Savano. If you love creating content, I recommend joining our community! More info here https://hypeexperiences.com/about-for-reviewers


Tamara x

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.