2018 Beauty and Lifestyle Resolutions

Wednesday 3 January 2018

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

It's that time again, the New Year is here and I'm sure we've all made resolutions of some scale. In addition to my own personal goals and aspirations for 2018, I have given some thought to what I'd like to change in my beauty and lifestyle regimes.


1. DRINK MORE WATER
A resolution that's on my list every year but not one I follow through. I plan to commit to drinking 6-8 glasses of water each day and on nights out I want to make sure I have water between alcoholic beverages. When I have increased my water intake I do notice an improvement in my skin and I generally feel much better for it. 

2. Take better care of my skin
My skincare routine went a little off the rails towards the end of last year. I got lazy with cleansing and toning, which lead to endless breakouts and a dull complexion. I also neglected my moisturiser, both face and body so I really want to get back into the habit of keeping my skin hydrated each day.

3. Maintain healthy locks
I find that I complain about the condition of my hair without actually doing anything about it. This year I want to have regular trims and occasional treatments to keep it looking and feeling healthy for longer.

4. No diet but better choices
This isn't a priority for me however there is room for improvement. I do currently keep fit and I wouldn't say I over indulge but I need to reevaluate my decisions when it comes to food. Cutting down carbs and sugar is where I hope to start as well as introducing portion control.

5. Less is more
I tend to stress unnecessarily about my style, I'm certainly not a trend setter and I don't always follow the fashion crowd but I have come to realise it's more about the essentials. Now and then I go through my wardrobe and I'll clear out a couple of items at a time that I no longer get wear out of. Scaling down to staple pieces actually broadens outfits to choose from without the headache of 'what should I wear?'.

Have you set yourself any resolutions? I'd love to hear them!

Tamara x

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.