Summer with Rimmel

Friday 3 July 2015

(Left to Right)
Rimmel Sun Shimmer Self Tan Mousse - £7.99
Rimmel Sun Shimmer Instant Tan - £6.99
Rimmel Sun Shimmer Bronzing Compact Powder - £5.99
Rimmel 60 Seconds Super Shine Nail Polishes - £2.99 each

Summer has finally made it's scorching arrival in the UK which means it's time to get our tan game on! Rimmel has got us sorted with it's Sun Shimmer range of self tanners and compact bronzers to give as that natural looking glow. I was fortunate enough to win all these products shown but they are all readily available in leading drugstores and supermarkets.

When I choose to self tan I much prefer using a mousse, I find they are so easy to apply and aren't as tedious as lotions to blend evenly over the skin. This one from Rimmel claims to develop within just one hour and can last up to a week. The product has a light consistency and a much more pleasant smell compared to your average fake tan. The Instant Tan can be used for both face and body for quick radiance in minutes. This is great to apply for a night out after the evening sun and can be washed off with no hassle the next morning. Again this product doesn't have that unwanted self tan scent and instead smells almost like sun cream. Both these tanners are available in three shades; light, medium and dark. 

I will be making a lot of use of this Bronzing compact powder this summer as Rimmel has always been one of my go to's for bronzer. Usually I choose to apply a matte bronzer but once I've had some sun on my cheeks I do opt for something with more shimmer and this is just perfect. This is shade 'Medium' and is a beautifully warm, terracotta that compliments my skin tone. If like me, you love the bronzed eye look, I like to apply some of this on the lids and lower lash line to give my eyes a subtle warmth. 

And finally, we mustn't forget our nails! Rimmel have a huge selection of vibrant shades to give your nails a pop of colour in an instant. I received 'Chin Up, Buttercup', a lemon yellow and 'Funtime Fushia' which is a beautiful pink. I love the wide applicator brush of these polishes and it takes just 2 coats for an even finish.

Will Rimmel be part of your beauty routine this Summer? #TanOTD

Tamara x

2 comments

  1. I didn't know they were doing mousse now...amaze!

    www.franleanne.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I much prefer a mousse formula for tan! x

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.