Beautiful Birthday

Monday 21 May 2012

On the 15th of this month I turned the grand old age of 22 and as much as I despise getting older I was uplifted with the gifts I got this year. Since everyone I know, knows how keen I am on my blogging they were thoughtful enough to get me beauty products that I could potentially write up on and review. Thus, I decided to create a post on what I got, from skincare to bath bits and bobs they are all lovely.



(Left to Right)
Anti-Blemish Solutions, Oil Control Cleansing Mask, 7 Day Scrub Cream Rinse-Off Formula, Clarifying Lotion 3, Take the Day Off, Make up Remover, All About Eyes Serum De-Puffing Eye Massage, Moisture Surge and All About Eyes Rich

Typically all my favourite Clinique skincare products had run out at once and my skin quickly began breaking out, but with each so costly I couldn't afford to get everything at once and had to make do with inexpensive high street beauty brands for the meantime. With my birthday as the perfect excuse, my dearest mother was generous enough to get me all my Clinique favs along with a few other little goodies. In my The C Word post I spoke a lot about the Oil Control Cleansing Mask and Take the Day off, so if you wish to see my thoughts on those products click the link. The 7 Day Scrub Cream is probably the most effective exfoliator I've ever used, I was extremely satisfied after trying a sample I got with a Clinique order a while back now and since have been meaning to buy the full sized product. The Moisture Surge is a light and subtle moisturiser which leaves skin super soft but I am having to use it sparingly as it is a rather small tub. I also received three travel sized items and one that has really caught my attention is the Clarifying Lotion 3. My skin feels instantly cleansed and my pores feel completely free of clogged up make up, dirt and oil. 





MAC Frost Lipstick


Nails Inc. Polish

One of my best girls, Dani, spoilt me with a MAC lippy and Nails Inc. polish. I don't own a great deal of MAC products so it was nice to add another to my unimpressive collection. I got the MAC Frost lipstick in shade 'Bombshell' a deep pink shade with a touch of pearly shine, its smooth and easy to apply and gives an instant pop of colour to my lips. I received the Nails Inc. polish in shade 'Wellington Square' which is peach, a colour I love to wear on my nails so I  am certain that I will be making good use of this.


e.l.f Nail Polish

I've heard good things about e.l.f from friends and other beauty bloggers but have not actually come round to having a look at the site for myself. Another good friend of mine, Abbie, got me two e.l.f products, a green pencil liner which I seem to have misplaced (sad face) and a nail varnish. The varnish is in shade 'Innocent' and is a chic nude/greige colour which I absolutely love. I found this product doesn't chip and is easily applied with 2 coats.


Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau de Toilette Spray

Along with my skincare I have also been running low on perfume, all my favourites have run dry and I have been trying to make use of every last drop in the bottle. I usually go for sweet or floral scents, I don't really go for anything musky or anything too over powering and there's been a few perfumes that I have been eager to buy, one being 'Daisy' by Marc Jacobs. My dad kindly bought it for me and I've been using it practically everyday it's such a delicate, soft fragrance perfect for spring/summer, the only thing I would say is that it doesn't last throughout the day so you would have to keep it in your handbag for touch up sprays. 


'Hello Gorgeous' Lush Gift Box

I love anything by Lush so I am always up for trying any new products they introduce or stocking up on my old time favourites and of course its always nice to receive a gift box on special occasions. I got the 'Hello Gorgeous' gift box from my Grandma which is full of oh so yummy bath and body treats. 

Think Pink Bath Bomb

A bath isn't a bath without a good old bath bomb and Lush have so many to choose from you're bound to be spoilt for choice. The Think Pink bath bomb is a classic and I have purchased it several times in the past as it makes bath times so much more blissful. Water is instantly turned pink and delightful aromas of vanilla, lavender and neroli oil fill the room. 

The Comforter Bubble Bar

If you want the bubbliest of bubble baths you can always rely on the bubble bars and like the bath bomb there's so many to pick from. The Comforter has a distinctive fragrance of bergamot and enables a truly relaxing bath experience.

Vanilla Dee-Lite Body Lotion

I am actually in love with this lotion, it smells gorgeous good enough to eat and leaves my skin lusciously smooth and soft. It is also packed with some amazing natural ingredients such as coconut, cocoa butter, kiwi and jasmine. 

Rub Rub Rub Shower Scrub

I have yet to try this shower scrub but it smells divine and is sure to give my skin a deep clean as it is packed with sea salt, lemon juice, jasmine and orange flower giving a zesty yet floral fragrance. This product can also be used on hair as well as your body so I am interested to see what result it gives to my locks. 

Gorgeous Moisturiser

Honestly I'm not too keen on the scent of this moisturiser but since it's only a trial size I will give it a go eventually. It consists of six different plant oils ensured to nourish your skin throughout.


Tamara x

1 comment

  1. I ordered this gift set about a week ago (still waiting on it) Im excited. I even like the cute box!
    http://livingthebeautylife22.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.