NEW: SPEEDBOAT BAR

Monday 21 November 2022

30 Rupert St, London W1D 6DL

Speedboat Bar opened its doors in the earlier half of Autumn and has been a huge hit with London foodies. Located in Chinatown, Soho, this new eatery has been inspired by Bangkok’s Chinatown with a creative, vibrant menu developed by Luke Farrell, who spent over 15 years training and working in South East Asia. I had been excited to try this place for myself and it absolutely lived up to the hype!

The drinks menu alone was enough to intrigue me, with a selection of delectable cocktails, whisky sodas and chasers (shots). As it was a working lunch, I kept it soft and went for the Frozen Guava Colada which was so yummy. As we sipped we snacked on the Sweetcorn Fritters, served with a spicy dip and the Pickled Mustard Greens with Chinese Sausage, a salad served cold. 


From the moment I laid eyes on the menu, I had the Minced Beef with Holy Basil as my 'must try' and it was everything I'd hoped it would be and more. The meat was so flavoursome, complimented with a fried egg on top - cooked to perfection. The dish was made even better combined with the Naem Fried Rice and Stem Greens, both so fresh with gorgeous flavour. A dish that took me by surprise was the Beef tongue curry. My past experience with tongue hasn't been the best, but the meat melted in the mouth and the sauce is divinely rich. Of course we had to order the Tom Yam Mama noodles, the most popular dish, which I'm sure you've come across on the gram. This delicious bowl of noodles, pork and squid bathed in a fragrant broth of coriander, chilli and lime was the pièce de résistance. Perfect for sharing and the ultimate comfort food for cold days in the city.


Speedboat Bar offers late night dining and party bookings. Diners can enjoy the bar upstairs, play a game of pool and even enjoy screening of the World Cup.

Tamara x
 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© As Told by Tamara. Design by Eve.